Recased Wiim Pro

Hi cool hobby work. Curious to know if you hook it up to an amp or running external dac.

I think my 40 yo ears will not tell a difference in a blind test.

Hi cool hobby work. Curious to know if you hook it up to an amp or running external dac.

I think my 40 yo ears will not tell a difference in a blind test.
No...I didnt allow for the RCA connectors. They are tucked away inside the case. I bought the Pro with the intention of using an external DAC. Not even tried the analogue outs or ins...........

They have replaced all tin foil with aluminum, so they got them there. It's not tin at all.

I have to say that I cannot believe that changing the power supply on your router can have any effect on your audio at all. The only reason to change it could possibly be if it was in close (too close) proximity to some analogue equipment and the charger itself was producing RF interference. A simpler and cheaper solution would be to keep it well away from your HiFi.

There are audiophile network switches also on the market but I’ve yet to see any serious audiophile website say anything about them except in a derogatory way.

Can someone actually explain how an LPS can make any difference to a digital streamer assuming that it’s original power supply is properly manufactured and works as it should? I don’t get it. A 1 is a 1 and a 0 is a 0. You can’t have straighter or broken 1s or fatter or incomplete 0s.

Edit
That all said. The case looks great
Unfortunately It’s not that binary (pun intended). This is a good explanation of how ones and zeroes are identified. Errors can be made, and it can be very difficult to establish a cause, or even detect an improvement. That said, any improvement in the chain is an improvement even if it’s precautionary.

A lot of audio perception is psychological, and if you THINK it will make a difference, it often does.....and I am OCD 🤗
Audio perception is named Audition. This is the physiological process. What you actually hear is called Hearing. The end result is a very complex interaction between all contributing processes in the brain, body, physical environment and the auditory stimulus itself. eg. standing upside down will impact what you hear, but you probably wouldn't want to do it!

It's all very fertile ground for the production of snake oil, available in both economy and luxury versions.

Audio perception is named Audition. This is the physiological process. What you actually hear is called Hearing. The end result is a very complex interaction between all contributing processes in the brain, body, physical environment and the auditory stimulus itself. eg. standing upside down will impact what you hear, but you probably wouldn't want to do it!

It's all very fertile ground for the production of snake oil, available in both economy and luxury versions.

Booze works for me. Much more effective than any of these snake oil/audio nervosa tinkerings. cheers.gif

There is a school of thought that RF & EMS waves are detrimental to sound quality.

You apparently also subscribe to the idea that toroidal-based LPS needs Vibration Isolation. Yes, vibrations can cause electromagnetic induction in existing magnetic fields, per theory. One assumes that is the reason for the 4x "springy footings" under your Supercharger LPS.

What is the purpose of setting your re-cased WiiM directly atop, separated by thin pieces of adhesive foam?? All the large Hi-Fi Manufacturers make great deal of the rigidity engineered into their products, specifically to eliminate any vibrations transferred from the large toroidal power supply to the various electronic components. But, isn't that exactly what you've setup in this mounting choice??

(sorry, just had to poke the bear...)

You apparently also subscribe to the idea that toroidal-based LPS needs Vibration Isolation. Yes, vibrations can cause electromagnetic induction in existing magnetic fields, per theory. One assumes that is the reason for the 4x "springy footings" under your Supercharger LPS.

What is the purpose of setting your re-cased WiiM directly atop, separated by thin pieces of adhesive foam?? All the large Hi-Fi Manufacturers make great deal of the rigidity engineered into their products, specifically to eliminate any vibrations transferred from the large toroidal power supply to the various electronic components. But, isn't that exactly what you've setup in this mounting choice??

(sorry, just had to poke the bear...)
The bear looks as if they've been hibernating for a few months, so probably best left sleeping ;)

Back