Request: Simultaneous output options

MrSoul4470

Major Contributor
Hello WiiM-Team, I would absolutely appreciate the option to select more than one output at the same time. In my case I would like to output Coaxial to my DAC and optical to my RTA. Other maybe want to output digital to their DAC and analog to some Peak Level Meter or so. Restricting output options to always just one option reduces versabilty. Unless there is a technical reason for it I hope multiple options at the same time can be made available in the future. I imagine there could be check boxes in the app to select all outputs that should be active. And since optical and coaxial is basically the same signal anyway, this shouldn't be a big problem. Thanks!

If it affects sound quality I hope they don’t do it . It is better to pay 80$

Oh no! Please don't sabotage my request. 😒 😂
I don't want another WiiM mini. It should be easy to have both optical and coax outputs active at the same time. 😉
This has been asked for before, and I don't think it is as easy as we'd hope given that the wiim allows different sample rate and bit depth per output.
Or maybe they could do it, and restrict both outputs to the lower of the two. That'd be confusing to many, I'm sure!

I searched the forum but didn't find anything. Would like to see if WiiM already commented on that.

I know it would also need some redesign of the app, but I don't think that would be too complicated.

I searched the forum but didn't find anything. Would like to see if WiiM already commented on that.

I know it would also need some redesign of the app, but I don't think that would be too complicated.

Adding a further WiiM introduces a very high delay of the sound signal to both stations due to the non realtime wifi connection.

MrSoul is right, since normally the dac input, spdif coax and spdif optical toslink are fed from the same I2S signal. I wonder - what is the real problem?

The fact it is not possible to activate both coax and toslink outputs at the same time is a major drawback for me because it is confusing using multiple dacs. Maybe the Bluesound note is a better option.

You can probably buy two or three WiiM Pros for the cost of one BlueSound Node though...
Hold your horse my friend, you want them to buy when they’re asking for firmware update to activate both optical and coax at no cost. Only wiim can explain why it hasn’t done maybe its hardware limitation or by the design of the hardware. If wiim can chime in and explain this will put closure to this topic.

My suggestion was merely they could use one Wiim for optical and the other for coaxial ;)
I have mini, pro and the wiim amp which hasn’t arrived yet. My setup was the optical on pro was connected on dac that has ess chip and the coax connected on akm dac while the mini connected on r2r dac and all 3 output connected on preamp. I hate to say each dac has its own sound signature much like different flavor depending on music genre.

Yeah, but those are all external DACs and the WiiM devices' internal DACs wouldn't be in use and therefore not contributing to the different sound signatures when their coax or optical outputs were being used.

Yeah, but those are all external DACs and the WiiM devices' internal DACs wouldn't be in use and therefore not contributing to the different sound signatures when their coax or optical outputs were being used.
It saves me switching from one to other. When I listen to music I go on each and see which one I prefer. Akm has strong bass and mid bass and roll off high which suited for many music genre but when I’m listening to clarinet I like ess for its treble clarity.

Back