RPi - LMS connectivity

Shacky

I’m having fits trying to run RPi from my router as music server for WiiM Pro Plus via WiFi. Mostly connecting via WiFi to RPi for setup.

Could a RPi - running LMS server be attached to the WiiM via Ethernet while still maintaining WiFi for remote control?

If by that you mean can your RPi be Ethernet connected to your router, then yes. If cabled directly to your WiiM Pro Plus, then no.

I’m having fits trying to run RPi from my router as music server for WiiM Pro Plus via WiFi. Mostly connecting via WiFi to RPi for setup.

Could a RPi - running LMS server be attached to the WiiM via Ethernet while still maintaining WiFi for remote control?

Which software do you have running on the RPi?
I use exactly the setup you describe, currently my instance of LMS runs on piCorePlayer.
In the past I'd also had an instance of Ubuntu hosting LMS running on a Raspberry Pi 4B, and that too just worked.

Running a Pi3 with PiCorePlayer connected via ethernet to my router here. Works flawlessly.

If by that you mean can your RPi be Ethernet connected to your router, then yes. If cabled directly to your WiiM Pro Plus, then no.
Thought so. Thanks.
Which software do you have running on the RPi?
I use exactly the setup you describe, currently my instance of LMS runs on piCorePlayer.
In the past I'd also had an instance of Ubuntu hosting LMS running on a Raspberry Pi 4B, and that too just worked.
PiCore Player 9.0

@Shacky, may I ask: what problem are you trying to solve?

For example: you can connect both Pi and WiM to the router (or buy a $15 network switch) if the goal is to improve the latency

Right now I’m just trying to connect via laptop and WiFi to setup Pi. I’ve extracted PiCore Player 9.0 and imaged it on SD via PiCore Imager.

But I can’t connect to Pi via WiFi and ISP to set it up. Going to friends house later to use monitor and keyboard direct to Pi for setup.

Idea of connecting Pi via Ethernet to WiiM just a side thought. After setup.

Right now I’m just trying to connect via laptop and WiFi to setup Pi. I’ve extracted PiCore Player 9.0 and imaged it on SD via PiCore Imager.

But I can’t connect to Pi via WiFi and ISP to set it up. Going to friends house later to use monitor and keyboard direct to Pi for setup.

Idea of connecting Pi via Ethernet to WiiM just a side thought. After setup.

You are supposed to setup via the browser address pCP.local, just use an Ethernet connection temporarily to do the initial setup including WiFi, then once thats done you can disconnect the Ethernet cable.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no GUI via a monitor and keyboard as you are describing, only the CLI.

Back