Running very hot

Hah, no. I have the bass reflex one, I planned to make the horn ones, but I have no space for them.

Latest FW, I always run latest FW on my devices, even when it bites me in the rear. I was just wondering, since we are still in winter and the ambient temperatures are at 25°C max. It will be a bit warmer in summer.
WiiM (like most all companies) are rolling out firmware changes in stages, so what is offered to you through the WiiM Home App might or just might not be the latest. It should read 5.0.605563 right now.

The reason I was asking was a bug that has been fixed some time ago, just to rule this out. It probably wasn't really related to your question anyway, I must admit, as the bug was the amp not really entering standby mode. This resulted in higher than expected temperatures when not using the amp, so different from your case.

Thermal camera, IfiRay P2 Pro.
I read a test on notebookcheck.com where they mentioned that the "emissivity factor" could not be changed when post-processing your recordings, but would always default to 0.95. So, I was wondering if you can rely on the shown temperatures to be absolutely correct.

Even if these readings are accurate, I don't see a problem here. And - as others have been pointing out before - the WiiM Amp has no problems driving a much lower load impedance than that presented by your Fostex FE126E. Are you using any notch filter with your speakers or just the plain driver?

I can change the emissivity factor. Not on the recording, but it can be done before. With the correct one for anodized aluminium (0,77), the measured temperature is 2°C higher.
And I have a feeling the heat was software related. Another update came and now it's around 9°C above ambient.

But I must say, from what I see the case is a great heat sink.

Back