Select Inputs from other WiiM devices over the network

pelud

I would like to be able to buy a separate WiiM device for each of my input sources, and then be able to select the desired input from one of them on a different listening (output) device.

Also it would be nice to be able to make the autoplay be able to start the listening device over the network if a signal is detected.

Not sure why this is getting downvoted?

I have my speakers in one side of the room, and my CD player and turntable are in another. I want to be able to automatically start playing on the speakers when either of them start playing.

The auto-play feature on S*N*S was great until the last app update...

Hi,
Sorry, I didn't understand what you want to do.
Can't that be achieved by linking two WiiM devices to multi-room music?
It might be easier to understand if you had a wiring diagram.

So you are saying you want WIIM A connected to the speakers (presumably amp'ed) and WIIM B connected to the cd player and WIIM C to the turntable (via preamp).

If you want to play cd player you would start a group on WIIM B and link WIIM A to it. Sound outputs on WIIM A. same for turntable WIIM C with WIIM A linked to it.

All signals resampled to 48 khz. Is that what you saying/requesting.

Is it a big room? Cables and a preamp with one WIIM would seem cheaper.

So you are saying you want WIIM A connected to the speakers (presumably amp'ed) and WIIM B connected to the cd player and WIIM C to the turntable (via preamp).

If you want to play cd player you would start a group on WIIM B and link WIIM A to it. Sound outputs on WIIM A. same for turntable WIIM C with WIIM A linked to it.

All signals resampled to 48 khz. Is that what you saying/requesting.

Is it a big room? Cables and a preamp with one WIIM would seem cheaper.
Is it possible to connect a CD player and turntable to WiiM A, and link WiiM B connected to the speakers to the MRM group for playback?

If you connect CD to optical-in and TT to Line-in, I think the inputs can be switched automatically using WiiM's autosensing.

Yes, MRM currently cannot play 96 or 192kHz.

Yes, basically I want to connect the CD player to the input on WiiM A, TT to WiiM B, and the speakers to WiiM C. I also have a soundbar that I would like to connect to WiiM D.

The room is relatively large (think open concept), so it is unreasonable to have wires going all around it, especially past the sliding glass doors.

Most of the time I just want to play the music on the speakers, but I would also like to be able to group them with the soundbar. I tried setting up a group, but they all seemed to get un-grouped when auto-play kicked in.

Of course I can do this all with the app, but what I am asking for is to be able to start playing without it so the kids (who are too young to have phones yet) can use it.

Yes, basically I want to connect the CD player to the input on WiiM A, TT to WiiM B, and the speakers to WiiM C. I also have a soundbar that I would like to connect to WiiM D.

The room is relatively large (think open concept), so it is unreasonable to have wires going all around it, especially past the sliding glass doors.

Most of the time I just want to play the music on the speakers, but I would also like to be able to group them with the soundbar. I tried setting up a group, but they all seemed to get un-grouped when auto-play kicked in.

Of course I can do this all with the app, but what I am asking for is to be able to start playing without it so the kids (who are too young to have phones yet) can use it.

Indeed, only music from devices connected to the host WiiM can be played in an MRM group. In your case you would need to change the host of the group every time, and this cannot be done automatically.

Since this is a user community, I encourage you to submit a feature request in the feedback section of the WiiM app.

Also, some of the upcoming new features on the roadmap may be useful to you.
  • DLNA Cast: Cast to other 3rd DLNA devices (Similar to AirPlay Cast but offering lossless audio) (6/15)
  • Persistent Group for Multiple Devices (6/15)
  • Smart Buttons: Customize the four preset buttons on the remote (6/30)
Combining these features might allow you to switch between the 4 MRM groups using preset buttons on the remote, so I hope the WiiM team considers this.

Back