EQ Settings per source

slartibartfast

I thought I would try using Room EQ Wizard to generate PEQ settings for the WiiM Amp. I can't see any way to copy the PEQ settings to all the inputs. Wouldn't it make sense to be able to save the settings and be given the choice to select the same settings for each input?

I thought I would try using Room EQ Wizard to generate PEQ settings for the WiiM Amp. I can't see any way to copy the PEQ settings to all the inputs. Wouldn't it make sense to be able to save the settings and be given the choice to select the same settings for each input?
You can save the PEQ settings as a preset and then select that preset for each input.

You can save the PEQ settings as a preset and then select that preset for each input.
OK, I did save the settings as a preset but I couldn't see how to select it for the other inputs. Is it really obvious and I'm just being dim?

OK, I did save the settings as a preset but I couldn't see how to select it for the other inputs. Is it really obvious and I'm just being dim?
As of now you can set EQ settings for the currently active input, only. So, switch to a different input and select the same EQ preset.

I don't see any advantage in this procedure, but that's how it is right now.

As of now you can set EQ settings for the currently active input, only. So, switch to a different input and select the same EQ preset.

I don't see any advantage in this procedure, but that's how it is right now.
I couldn't see how to select the EQ preset even after changing inputs. I am clearly missing something obvious.

I couldn't see how to select the EQ preset even after changing inputs. I am clearly missing something obvious.
You must change the input via the actual audio input option, not on the EQ settings screen, then choose the preset. The EQ settings screen allows you to review which preset is chosen for each input, but only change settings for current input being used.
But it could still be useful, so if you choose a different preset when using the optical in, for example, when you switch to another input it would revert to the last used preset for that input.

You must change the input via the actual audio input option, not on the EQ settings screen, then choose the preset. The EQ settings screen allows you to review which preset is chosen for each input, but only change settings for current input being used.
But it could still be useful, so if you choose a different preset when using the optical in, for example, when you switch to another input it would revert to the last used preset for that input.
Where do I review the presets though? That is the issue I am having. I am assuming a preset is created when I save the EQ settings with a name.

Where do I review the presets though? That is the issue I am having. I am assuming a preset is created when I save the EQ settings with a name.
When you save the EQs you created, up to four custom EQs (preset) will be listed, as shown below. Use Audio Input to switch between inputs and select a custom EQ.

Screenshot_2024-04-23-17-18-24-041_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

When you save the EQs you created, up to four custom EQs (preset) will be listed, as shown below. Use Audio Input to switch between inputs and select a custom EQ.

View attachment 6724
Thanks, I didn't even think of scrolling down below the filter settings 🤦‍♂️. Are you using the IMM-6 with REW. That is what I am using with a TRS to USB adaptor.

Thanks, I didn't even think of scrolling down below the filter settings 🤦‍♂️. Are you using the IMM-6 with REW. That is what I am using with a TRS to USB adaptor.
Yes, if you always look down, you will find surprises and good luck from time to time. 😁

I'm using the IMM-6 with the Audio Tool app on my Android phone.

Back