Some semi-newby feature confusion

guy48065

One week in and most of my efforts have been spent dealing with a defective Pro+. My replacement has been fantastic (day2) but now I may be a bit behind the learning curve. I can't figure out from the skimpy documentation the answers to these questions:

Can presets be used for *functions*?
I have my CD/DVD connected to the optical input--can a preset be saved for that so I don't have to use my phone just to play a CD? So far it only looks to be useful for streaming services/channels.

I thought I read that volume levels can be adjusted (limited) for various functions. I can't find the path to accomplish this. I switched from optical to Radio Paradise and nearly blew my speakers.

Once setup is complete is there any further need for BT to be active on my phone?

One week in and most of my efforts have been spent dealing with a defective Pro+. My replacement has been fantastic (day2) but now I may be a bit behind the learning curve. I can't figure out from the skimpy documentation the answers to these questions:

Can presets be used for *functions*?
I have my CD/DVD connected to the optical input--can a preset be saved for that so I don't have to use my phone just to play a CD? So far it only looks to be useful for streaming services/channels.

No but it has been asked for often

I thought I read that volume levels can be adjusted (limited) for various functions. I can't find the path to accomplish this. I switched from optical to Radio Paradise and nearly blew my speakers.

The device should remember the last volume setting for each input so play something from the optical input and set its volume, then switch to wifi and set the volume there. If you then switch back to optical, it should use the volume you left it at.
Once setup is complete is there any further need for BT to be active on my phone?

No

The device should remember the last volume setting for each input so play something from the optical input and set its volume, then switch to wifi and set the volume there. If you then switch back to optical, it should use the volume you left it at.
@guy48065,

We must have turned on "Per-source Volume Control" in voice input settings. 😉

@guy48065,

We must have turned on "Per-source Volume Control" in voice input settings. 😉
Now that I've located it, I have enabled it. Thanks!

Back