Spotify connect not working since yesterday

Sephie

Hi all,

Following problem:
When I select my Wiim Mini (which shows up just fine) on either Spotify on PC or Spotify on my Smartphone, it will try to connect for a few minutes and then give up. I haven't gotten my Wiim Mini to work for ~ a day now.

The Wiim Mini shows up just fine in Spotify as well as the Wiim Home App. Rebooting the Wiim Mini via the Wiim Home App does not get it to work in Spotify. Rebooting the Wiim Mini by removing the USB-C charging cable and reconnecting it also does not work.

I'm pretty sure this is some kind of problem between Spotify and the Wiim.
The Wiim Home App says that the Wiim Mini is connected to WiFi via the 5 Ghz Band, and it does show up as a Device on both the app and Spotify.

Playback of sound does work, i.e. the starting sound after rebooting.

2023-01-14_14-04.png

Best regards,
Sephie

P.S.: It worked just fine in the weeks before. Just stopped connecting now.

Solution
Just wanted to let you all know that after about 14 days of not working properly, the problem magically disappeared when I tried again yesterday.
It just suddenly worked again.
*shrug*
There was a total outage of spotify for about 3 hours yesterday, but my WiiM Mini stopped connecting about 12 hours beforehand and is still not able to connect. Not really sure what to do about it.

P.S.: connecting via Bluetooth and playing music via Airplay works just fine, just not Spotify connect.

Last edited:
Did a factory reset of my Wiim Mini. Still can't connect via Spotify connect. Anything else (other music services, Tidal connect) all works.

In other news: a "Stream On" Spotify event is planned on March 8th... Will we finally be getting Hifi? 😍
They have been teasing hifi for years but never delivered. They realized majority don’t want to pay more than what’s currently offered so they just leave it as is.

Just wanted to let you all know that after about 14 days of not working properly, the problem magically disappeared when I tried again yesterday.
It just suddenly worked again.
*shrug*

Solution
They have been teasing hifi for years but never delivered. They realized majority don’t want to pay more than what’s currently offered so they just leave it as is.
Is it perhaps significant that their premium plan hasn’t yet changed price to be in step with recent price increases by the other major streaming service such as Apple and Amazon Music etc? Maybe they’re holding back a moderate price increase till they do release a hi-fi version.

Is it perhaps significant that their premium plan hasn’t yet changed price to be in step with recent price increases by the other major streaming service such as Apple and Amazon Music etc? Maybe they’re holding back a moderate price increase till they do release a hi-fi version.
Exactly my thoughts as well! I wouldn't mind paying more to get hi-fi (i'm on a family plan anyways)

If they raise it between 12 to 15, I’m on it. Their apps user interface is one best in the business and even raspberry pi support connect via third party software. I read they raising their price but not sure if hifi is on the table. Increasing cost on lossy is not feasible to me.

Hi all,

Following problem:
When I select my Wiim Mini (which shows up just fine) on either Spotify on PC or Spotify on my Smartphone, it will try to connect for a few minutes and then give up. I haven't gotten my Wiim Mini to work for ~ a day now.

The Wiim Mini shows up just fine in Spotify as well as the Wiim Home App. Rebooting the Wiim Mini via the Wiim Home App does not get it to work in Spotify. Rebooting the Wiim Mini by removing the USB-C charging cable and reconnecting it also does not work.

I'm pretty sure this is some kind of problem between Spotify and the Wiim.
The Wiim Home App says that the Wiim Mini is connected to WiFi via the 5 Ghz Band, and it does show up as a Device on both the app and Spotify.

Playback of sound does work, i.e. the starting sound after rebooting.
there seems to be a problem connecting the Wiim Mini to Spotify even though it shows up on both the app and the device. It could be a compatibility issue between the two platforms that needs to be addressed by the respective support teams.

Yesterday, numerous Spotify issues were discussed in various audio forums, excluding WiiM. It appears that the system encountered some problems, which should have been resolved by now.

Source: Spotify Authority Blog

Back