Spotify Duo Accounts with One WiiM?

trombontim

Hi,

Considering getting a WiiM. My wife and I have Spotify Duo accounts. Effectively two different accounts each with a different login. Can two different Spotify accounts be linked to and stream to one WiiM? (at different times, obviously) Or does one WiiM only link to one Spotify account?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I haven't tried it yet because I only have one account, but Spotify connect should be able to do it. Of course, as you already know, they cannot be used at the same time.

Do you have a device other than WiiM that can use Spotify connect? If you have one, I think it works the same way on the WiiM.

In any case, other members may have better answers. 🙂

Hi,

Considering getting a WiiM. My wife and I have Spotify Duo accounts. Effectively two different accounts each with a different login. Can two different Spotify accounts be linked to and stream to one WiiM? (at different times, obviously) Or does one WiiM only link to one Spotify account?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, the wiim will just show up as a spotify connect device in each of your apps.
I (we?) have a spotify family plan; each person logged into spotify on their own device can stream to any of the wiims in the house.
Using the wiim home app, can also see what anyone is playing on any of the wiims.

Spotify accounts aren’t “linked“ to your Wiim device the way Amazon Music, Qobuz etc are, you don’t provide your Spotify account details to WiiM nor indeed any device you’re using Spotify Connect with so having a single, Duo or family plan doesn’t matter at all.

Hi,

Thanks in advance!
If use the original streaming service app, the latter started, takes control of the single WiiM available.
This happens with every kind of service you decide to start.
Don't know what is happening if this behavior is taken with two different WiiM app and different user.
I suppose it's the same.

If use the original streaming service app, the latter started, takes control of the single WiiM available.
This happens with every kind of service you decide to start.
Don't know what is happening if this behavior is taken with two different WiiM app and different user.
I suppose it's the same.
As I say above, there’s not really a concept of user or account from the WiiM point of view when a Connect mechanism like Spotify’s is being used. It might matter for Amazon Music as I think AlexaCast requires the device and app to be using the same account. I’m not sure if Tidal Connect does, but would be surprised if it did.

As I say above, there’s not really a concept of user or account from the WiiM point of view when a Connect mechanism like Spotify’s is being used. It might matter for Amazon Music as I think AlexaCast requires the device and app to be using the same account. I’m not sure if Tidal Connect does, but would be surprised if it did.
From the depth of my memories: WiiM does not care. If you are logged in Tidal Connect works.

I confirm for Tidal and Spotify, I tried them with two accounts in mixed combination with different devices. Airplay2 does the same, from multiple devices: the last takes control.
As Amazon music, i tried one account only from two devices but as you already wrote, generally there is one account only in a given home.

Back