Squeezelite and Grouping Speakers

jfbuk

Major Contributor
Before I potentially raise a ticket can I check that I am not under a misapprehension about speaker grouping when using Squeezelite on my Pro.
I am happily streaming from my LMS server to my Pro.
Today I tried to group one of my Mini s with the Pro whilst still using the Pro as a Squeezelite player.
The Mini successfully grouped with the Pro but I got no audio from the Mini via Aux Out.
I did not test optical out.
Should this work or are there technical reasons why this is not possible ?

Thanks

The mini doesn’t support squeezelite so no surprises you dint get sound out playing via LMS. LMS will need to handle grouping for this not the Wiim but is of no use to you here as the mini isn’t supported. Wiims grouping is for the Wiim home app player and services it incorporates. Alternatively you can use external groups via Airplay/Apple Home or Google home or LMS

Not possible in WiiM app

You can do it in LMS between 2 x Pro’s or a Pro and an SB/LMS player or anything running Squeezelite but NOT with a Mini using the UPnp Bridge

You should be able to sync a Pro with a Mini in LMS if the Mini is using the Airplay Bridge though. Only at 16/44.1 though

This is what we get in LMS forum. 2 people with the answer at the same time

I have two Pro's and two Minis and found a way around this if you want to use WHA multi room. Spare iPhone running Ipeng with the player add-on playing into one of the Pro's via optical in, the Pro's and Minis can then be grouped in WHA. A bit clunky but way cheaper than replacing the Minis for Pro's and excellent results.

I have two Pro's and two Minis and found a way around this if you want to use WHA multi room. Spare iPhone running Ipeng with the player add-on playing into one of the Pro's via optical in, the Pro's and Minis can then be grouped in WHA. A bit clunky but way cheaper than replacing the Minis for Pro's and excellent results.
Interested to know whether the sync is better this way or fully in LMS with Mini's using AirPlay bridge (16/44.1 caveat recognised).

The sync mechanisms are very different.
WiiM's rely on audio detection with mic's and re-adjustment
LMS is entirely driven from server with no adjustment for location with players reporting back to keep in sync

On the couple of occasions we've had house parties and I've used this setup it's worked really well. Having said that I have a mini playing into an Echo Studio and I did have to slightly adjust the latency to get it in sync with the other Wiims, but all in all I was very happy with the results.

Back