Streaming ATMOS from Tidal

DaveF

Hi All,

Let's say I have a Wiim Pro Plus connected to my Yamaha AVR via optical SPDIF. If I stream an ATMOS mix from Tidal to Wiim using Tidal Connect, will the Yamaha receive the ATMOS stream?

TIA, Dave

Hi All,

Let's say I have a Wiim Pro Plus connected to my Yamaha AVR via optical SPDIF. If I stream an ATMOS mix from Tidal to Wiim using Tidal Connect, will the Yamaha receive the ATMOS stream?

TIA, Dave
Hi.
I don't think you can transmit Atmos audio over an optical digital cable.

Hi All,

TIA, Dave
It's a reason why I have to use Amazon Fire TV dongle too for Atmos and Sony 360 Reality Audio music

Attachments

• optical-coaxial-supported-audio-formats.png
    optical-coaxial-supported-audio-formats.png
    69 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
It's a reason why I have to use Amazon Fire TV dongle too for Atmos and Sony 360 Reality Audio music
I use an NVidia Shield Pro for video and for multi channel music. I was hoping the Wiim could consolidate all music streaming. It will do that for all two channel sources, which is still a step in the right direction.

I discovered that I can stream Tidal Dolby Atmos music using my Wiim pro AirPlay connection to my Yamaha reciever.

I discovered that I can stream Tidal Dolby Atmos music using my Wiim pro AirPlay connection to my Yamaha reciever.
Hi,
Is Atmos displayed in the audio output information of the Yamaha receiver?

So, how about the coax output? Will that pass an Atmos signal to my Yamaha AVR?

Back