Struggling to manage "My Library" playlists?

poltroon

I can add tracks on my local DLNA server to a playlist. But how do I add whole albums? Surely I don't have to do it one track at a time?

I can add tracks on my local DLNA server to a playlist. But how do I add whole albums? Surely I don't have to do it one track at a time?
Unfortunately the UPnP functionality within the WiiM Home app is very limited. I was hoping/expecting that to change when it became an integral part in one of their hardware offerings (the Amp) but that hasn't materialised.

Whilst not ideal, given that the WiiM (hardware) is a UPnP renderer you do have the option to use other UPnP control points such as BubbleUPnP for Android or mconnect for iOS.

I'm new to WiiM and doing a lot of experimenting. I had hoped WiiM would help me to simplify my setup but that's looking a bit over-optimistic! I want to end up with 2 WiiM devices each able to play from my DLNA server, an optical input, some internet radio stations, BBC radio, and a music streaming service (I currently use Deezer but that could change) plus occasional chromecast maybe.

I had really hoped that I could control all of this from one app (WiiM Home), mainly to make things more family-compatible. All of the audio sources work just fine, but control of the current queue, playlists, favourites, bookmarks, pre-sets etc is all a bit clunky. Especially when trying to control things from more than one phone.

Maybe a better option is to use WiiM Home for the initial setup and then switch to LMS for normal use. LMS plus some customisation of the remote / pre-sets might cover most of my wish list. Time for some more testing. Wish the remote had more buttons.

Half way through reading your post I was getting ready to suggest LMS, but it seems you're already heading in that direction.
WiiM may get there in time, but we haven't seen much development on this front for a while.

Hi poltroon,

To add an entire album to your play queue, simply navigate to the album view on your DLNA server within the WiiM Home App. Then, tap on the icon that's highlighted in the red box. As for adding albums to your personal playlist, we're actively working on this feature and will keep you updated on our progress.

1704846423558.png

Thanks, I'll look forward to the update.

I can add an album (all tracks) or a single track to the end of the current queue. That works fine. If I then display the queue it highlights which track is playing. I can select any of the other tracks in the queue and it will jump to the point I select. That's nice. But there is no option to edit the queue. I can't delete a track, or reorder the list. In fact the only thing I can do is add more tracks (to the end) or clear the whole queue. It would be good to have some edit/save options with a bit more flexibility here.

If I try similar things while streaming from Deezer I can select an album and see it listed in the queue but I can't select a single track? And I can't add an album to the queue, the second album will totally replace the 1st.

Back