Switching Off & Reboot?

Witterings

Major Contributor
Is there a way to switch on / off the Pro as opposed to just letting it go into standby and is there a way to reboot it from the physical unit itself (as opposed to the App) ... I know holding the play button for 10 seconds will do a factory reset but is there a way to reboot without losing the network settings etc. does anyone know?

Is there a way to switch on / off the Pro as opposed to just letting it go into standby and is there a way to reboot it from the physical unit itself (as opposed to the App) ... I know holding the play button for 10 seconds will do a factory reset but is there a way to reboot without losing the network settings etc. does anyone know?
Other than pulling the plug...?

You can use a power plug with a switch (or smart plug) to turn the power on / off and restart at the same time.

Other than pulling the plug...?

Yes sorry, that is what I meant ... where it's placed it's awkward to get to the rear of it and when I have pulled the plug out of the back of the unit, you can't easily see to plug it back in again so becomes really fiddly.

In terms of then pulling it out of / switching off at the wall socket, the wires run down to the wall socket which is behind some concealed / false panelling at the back of a log store and most of the time has a pile of logs in front of it.

A smart plug would use more power than just leaving the Wiim in standby.

A smart plug would use more power than just leaving the Wiim in standby.
Certainly, there is a possibility. 😁

For example, Tp-link Kasa HS105.
When the power of the connected device is turned on, it is around 1W.
It seems that it is less than 1W when the power of the connected device is turned off.

Back