TIDAL MQA unfolding coming to WiiM Mini ?

I wouldn’t think so as that would defeat one of the aims of MQA which is a smaller file size during transmission. The receiving device does the unfolding.
Well, aren’t you smarter than the average bear. 👍 That's a very good point. Thanks very much.

From WiiM team:

Hi

Thanks very much for reaching out to WiiM Support.
Now we only support MQA Core Decoder with TIDAL Connect and we will support it with WiiM Home app soon.
Best,
WiiM Support

I went ahead purchase a higher level mqa smsl do200 and there was no pop. I could hear the difference between mqa and pcm on high resolution. I like the sound of mqa over pcm the sound was exciting and addicting.
I have the SMSL DO200 DAC too. Do you ever see the "MQA" logo and blue/green dot on the SMSL screen?

I never get the MQA badge or dots, only PCM.

I am not sure the DO200 is unfolding or rendering MQA properly in this case. Is it the same as yours?

I have the SMSL DO200 DAC too. Do you ever see the "MQA" logo and blue/green dot on the SMSL screen?

I never get the MQA badge or dots, only PCM.

I am not sure the DO200 is unfolding or rendering MQA properly in this case. Is it the same as yours?
I have do 200 mk2. Check the spdif setting and use xcore which they eliminate on mk2.

Back