Tidal plan changes

Maybe depends from the environment, I just checked it and the next song starts immediately.
Yeah, I'd say it's practically instantaneous too,
As for "the Tidal app and the WiiM app lose their synchronisation", I find that sometimes the Tidal app itself can take quite a while (up to 30 secs) to realise I've switched songs, i.e. for the song details and album art to update.
And sometimes the song title updates well before the album art does.

Last edited:
Doesn't tidal connect works differently then Spotify connect?
Tidal connect opperates with Chromecast isn't it?

Yeah, I'd say it's practically instantaneous too,
As for "the Tidal app and the WiiM app lose their synchronisation", I find that sometimes the Tidal app itself can take quite a while (up to 30 secs) to realise I've switched songs, i.e. for the song details and album art to update.
And sometimes the song title updates well before the album art does.
I confirm this but very rare on wiim and always lesser than 30 sec. It happens a little bit more frequently using bluos, that among others little quirks, updates playback time on Tidal connect every 5 seconds only, letting lyrics scroll out of sync...

If you are on the login page..you can contineu with google. What,s the difference when choosing to subscribe with email?
Can you use google pay then?
Do i have have to pay attention to which location i am subscribing? I did see there was a German page too..thats more in my location. I assume i have to use the Englisch page?

If you are on the login page..you can contineu with google. What,s the difference when choosing to subscribe with email?
Can you use google pay then?
Do i have have to pay attention to which location i am subscribing? I did see there was a German page too..thats more in my location. I assume i have to use the Englisch page?
I would pay attention. As @Brantome above once mentioned it is normally better not login via Apple or Google but instead your mail account.
For Apple f.e. I know they charge more. No idea what Google does. The only advantage I can imagine is that login could be a few seconds quicker.

I would pay attention. As @Brantome above once mentioned it is normally better not login via Apple or Google but instead your mail account.
For Apple f.e. I know they charge more. No idea what Google does. The only advantage I can imagine is that login could be a few seconds quicker.
Very helpful is this for me...Thanks a lot @Fender . :) (y)

Subsciption Succedeed with Free trail. They offered me 30 days more for 2 Euro. Did choose to pay the 2 Euros.
After the 60 Days i have to pay 10,99.
You were right i could pay with Ideal here in the Netherlands. Great..glad it worked out this way.
This weekend i can also listen with Tidal. Very glad with it. First i have to expore the app a little bit and figure out how everything works. Youtube will help me..

What do you all have ..may i ask this?
Now i have Spotify, Tidal and Youtube premium. Do you have multiple subscriptions too ??

Tidal for streaming albums.
Apple mainly because Apple Classical and out of habit ,-)
Spotify for the Echoes.
YT Music available because it is implemented in my Premium subscription, but never used it.

Tidal for streaming albums.
Apple mainly because Apple Classical and out of habit ,-)
Spotify for the Echoes.
YT Music available because it is implemented in my Premium subscription, but never used it.
Thanks for your reply.
Using Tidal now.. sounds great 😊😊👍

Is it normal when im selecting Tidal i stay within the wimm app..looks different when choosing Spotify?
All working great by the way..😊😊👍

Is it normal when im selecting Tidal i stay within the wimm app..looks different when choosing Spotify?
All working great by the way..😊😊👍
You can either use Tidal from within the WiiM Home App or from the Tidal App tapping the cast icon and using Tidal Connect. It will work both ways, use whatever you like better.

At least for me, the Tidal app has the disadvantage of not being able to control the volume using my (Android) phone's volume buttons through tidal Connect. I heard in a different forum that Tidal are set to fix this.

Last edited:
You can either use Tidalmfrom within the WiiM Home App or from the Tidal App tapping the cast icon and using Tidal Connect. It will work both ways, use whatever you like better.

At least for me, the Tidal app has the disadvantage of not being able to control the volume using my (Android) phone's volume buttons through tidal Connect. I heard in a different forum that Tidal are set to fix this.
Thanks 👍 Very helpful..
I can hear a difference with Spotify...in my opinion Tidal sounds better.
Not that Spotify isnt good not at all.
Can you also hear the difference?
Unbelievable how this amp can sound..😮

I ask myself why hasn't tidal all albums of Nynke Laverman?
Nomade is not available?

Last edited:
Yes any streaming service, has its API and therefore interfaces from external apps look different. Also how those external app are developed, can lead to visual and functional differences. For exemple, WiiM app use of Tidal, is similar but looks slightly different from the same done from bluos app and both don't resemble to the original at all.
Generally I prefere use the native app, since external use generally loose some feature. For Tidal are missing "play similar song", text management and some I don't recall now...

Yes any streaming service, has its API and therefore interfaces from external apps look different. Also how those external app are developed, can lead to visual and functional differences. For exemple, WiiM app use of Tidal, is similar but looks slightly different from the same done from bluos app and both don't resemble to the original at all.
Generally I prefere use the native app, since external use generally loose some feature. For Tidal are missing "play similar song", text management and some I don't recall now...
Thanks for your reply..helps me a lot 👍👍👍
To me.. Tidal sounds very good.Glad with Tidal.

For lets say not so mainstream records there are gaps between the services. And even more mainstream artists sometimes can not be found everywhere. If this shows in the discography of a favorite artist its sad. But rare ;-)

For lets say not so mainstream records there are gaps between the services. And even more mainstream artists sometimes can not be found everywhere. If this shows in the discography of a favorite artist its sad. But rare ;-)
Glad lots of albums of Nynke are there. A favourite artist of mine..
But nomade I can't find..🙂 unfortunately. It's on Spotify though..
But then I can purchase the album..
Tidal sounds great 😮👍

If you have hifi-plus, they will lower it tonnirmal Hifi price (depending on your country it might not be exactly half of price). Hifi plus tier will go away. Depending on your payment cycle, you have to pay less in April or May.
They didn't lower for me yet. They just charged me $20 again.

Back