TuneIn - Podcasts loop / start over again

MatHeb

I use TuneIn directory from within the Wiim app to play podcasts on my Wiim pro plus (f.e. SRF Sounds! / switzerland).

Thing is when the episode is finished, playback does not stop but the podcast episode starts over again; so seems playback behaviour is "looping".

To me its anoying, I want playback to stop after the episode is finished; also because the episode is restarting the episodes are spamming the "continue listening" entry @ TuneIn after TuneIn classifies it as partly heard episode.

Anything which could be done about this? There is no loop/ selector in the Wiim Home App playback screen, and I also don't find any setting either in the Wiim App or TuneIn. Currently I believe TuneIn is my only possibility to play these podcasts directly on Wiim pro plus after I don't have spotify + the podcasts I listen are not accessible from Alexa.

Can’t you sign up to a free Spotify account and play them from there? I’ve just tried from here in the uk and that works.

It would still be worthwhile raising a ticket to WiiM re the Tunein problem

Can’t you sign up to a free Spotify account and play them from there? I’ve just tried from here in the uk and that works.

It would still be worthwhile raising a ticket to WiiM re the Tunein problem
Spotify only has SRF Sounds Stories & Talk in their library but not the SRF Sounds Music Podcasts. The SRF music podcasts are only available for streaming in switzerland (or using a VPN) for licencing reasons and thus not included in Spotify. They are in the TuneIn library, of course they only will play when the Wiim pro has a swiss IP.

Back