Turntable volume too low...

Maurizio53

Hello, i am using my Lenco L-69 turntable connected via Line-In to my Wiim Pro which is connected to my power amp via optical interface, It sounds but the volume is really too low also if i switch it to the maximum... How to improve this?

Ok, in that case, what happens if you connect the turntable into a line level/aux input on your amp, taking the WiiM out of the equation. Does it then play at a reasonable volume?

No... my amp does not have a line level/aux. It has a phone in but i get only garbage when connect there.... I was forced to use CD or DVD port to use the turntable, but also there volume too low..

No... my amp does not have a line level/aux. It has a phone in but i get only garbage when connect there.... I was forced to use CD or DVD port to use the turntable, but also there volume too low..
What is the amp - make/model?
Does the turntable have switchable phono pre amp?

If you connect the Lenco to Tape In and select that on Onkyo what sort of volume do you get?
Ok i did it and the sound quality was really better!
Just a simple question: i just bought a Topping 30E II lite DAC. If i will connect the turntable to the RCA ports of the DAC will the sound quality improve or not?

Just a simple question: i just bought a Topping 30E II lite DAC. If i will connect the turntable to the RCA ports of the DAC will the sound quality improve or not?

The RCA ports of your DAC are out-ports only afaik. I guess you will hear nothing in the best case. No idea if it can do any harm to your gear..

I tried to find a manual for this Lenco for curiosity. It said that there is a switch #10 on/USB/PH. I would think you have to put it on PH then the internal phono stage is used and then via RCA cables from the Lenco to the WiiM.

That is because the Tape In is a line level input which better matches the line level output from your turntable. If it works to your satisfaction thenI suggest you use it connected this way.

There is zero benefit to having the turntable connected to WiiM Line In and out to Amp by LineOut/Coax/Optical unless you intend to send the audio to another WiiM as well.

I tried to find a manual for this Lenco for curiosity. It said that there is a switch #10 on/USB/PH. I would think you have to put it on PH then the internal phono stage is used and then via RCA cables from the Lenco to the WiiM.
I don't think the Lenco has anything other than Line Level RCA out but i can't find any specs either but there is no point in connecting it that way in any event unless he intends to stream the audio elsewhere

That is because the Tape In is a line level input which better matches the line level output from your turntable. If it works to your satisfaction thenI suggest you use it connected this way.
Yes, definitely the better way...
There is zero benefit to having the turntable connected to WiiM Line In and out to Amp by LineOut/Coax/Optical unless you intend to send the audio to another WiiM as well.
Could be useful to hear the vinyl through my bt headphones, but.....
BTW Thanks for all support..

P.S. It seems you are the same in the logitech forums and as i have a little problem there may i pm you?

Back