Low Output Level

PeterMann

Twice in the past week I’ve turned on my audio system to find the output level really low — on the order of -40dB less that it would normally be.

My setup is a TV playing into the pro via optical, and output to a DAC also via optical. The DAC volume has to be really high now to hear anything.

After some time being off, usually the next day, things seem to resolve and I get a normal, much higher output level. It’s the same with AirPlay 2, so it’s not a problem with my TV source.

Has anyone seen this? I’m struggling to see how it could be a cable issue since both input and output are optical. I guess it could be a problem with my DAC, but the thing has been stable for years. I was playing with the Wiim EQ feature (now turned off) and I’m now wondering whether there’s some kind of software glitch with that…

I don't know if this will matter in your case, but in the WiiM Home App audio settings, you might try turning the fixed volume output on, if not already, or see if the volume limit setting is lower than 100%.

I don't know if this will matter in your case, but in the WiiM Home App audio settings, you might try turning the fixed volume output on, if not already, or see if the volume limit setting is lower than 100%.
Yeah sadly it’s nothing with the audio output settings, all of which I’ve played around with. I’ve had the 100% fixed volume on forever as my DAC has its own output gain and remote control etc.

Back