RCA line out noise

Jupy20

I have change my WiiM mini with the pro and now I have a problem. My setup it’s input via WiFi airplay2 from my Apple TV/Iphone, output it’s Line out RCA to my b&o beolab 8000 active speakers. After I turn off my tv there is a noise in speakers all the time. If I go in the WiiM app change the input from WiFi to line in and after to the WiFi again the noise disappear.

Attachments

• 72946448842__E381DF20-6AF5-4312-B903-9BE7249CA432.MOV
    636.5 KB
That knocking is the actual noise you hear, right? Doesn't sound anything like a ground loop or any sort of random noise, it sound rather funny (unless you have to stand it, of course).

From your description it doesn't sound to me like an issue with the line output (RCA), though. Since switching to a different input and then back to WiFi obviously cures the problem, the issue might rather be with the input side.

Switching the WiiM back to WiFi using the WiiM Home App doesn't necessarily mean it is connected through AirPlay again. It's just ready to receive input from any source fed through WiFi, like e.g. any streaming service.

By turning of the TV you are referring to the actual TV screen or the Apple TV? Just guessing, this noise could be the manifestation of some AirPlay handshake being not successful. But it's a strange noise, indeed.

Last edited:
I have change my WiiM mini with the pro and now I have a problem. My setup it’s input via WiFi airplay2 from my Apple TV/Iphone, output it’s Line out RCA to my b&o beolab 8000 active speakers. After I turn off my tv there is a noise in speakers all the time. If I go in the WiiM app change the input from WiFi to line in and after to the WiFi again the noise disappear.
Have you already tried factory resetting your WiiM device?

That knocking is the actual noise you hear, right? Doesn't sound anything like a ground loop or any sort of random noise, it sound rather funny (unless you have to stand it, of course).

From your description it doesn't sound to me like an issue with the line output (RCA), though. Since switching to a different input and then back to WiFi obviously cures the problem, the issue might rather be with the input side.

Switching the WiiM back to WiFi using the WiiM Home App doesn't necessarily mean it is connected through AirPlay again. It's just ready to receive input from any source fed through WiFi, like e.g. any streaming service.

By turning of the TV you are referring to the actual TV screen or the Apple TV? Just guessing, this noise could be the manifestation of some AirPlay handshake being not successful. But it's a strange noise, indeed.
Yes, the knocking it’s the sound I heard. The sound is coming also if I play something from my phone via Airplay, after I close the app, YouTube music the knocking is coming.

Try to eliminate the possibility of a ground issue, advice above is good. Try all on a shared extension then, if not solved, split them up, then try a different socket. Ground issues can be a bit trial and error to solve.

Try to eliminate the possibility of a ground issue, advice above is good. Try all on a shared extension then, if not solved, split them up, then try a different socket. Ground issues can be a bit trial and error to solve.
Thanks for tips.
But nothing work I try also from a powerbank.

I have a pro plus rather than a mini. However the power supply included seemed fine. Perhaps if I go into the rats nest of wires behind my audio system again. I will find out what kind of supply it was.

Back