Constant popping sound through speakers

joeblackcircles

Hi,
I setup a Wiim Pro yesterday on my home Wifi and am getting this annoying noise. It starts when I use Spotify or Rekordbox on my macbook or Spotify on my phone, the noise is the same if I use Wifi or Bluetooth as the input. If I play from an internet browser or from a file on my macbook they play fine but the noise restarts as soon as I stop playing something. If I use the line in input it works fine with Spotify.

I've tried everything I can think of to isolate the problem, I've changed the output resolution in the app, I've rebooted and restarted the unit. Has anyone encountered anything similar?

Hi,
I setup a Wiim Pro yesterday on my home Wifi and am getting this annoying noise. It starts when I use Spotify or Rekordbox on my macbook or Spotify on my phone, the noise is the same if I use Wifi or Bluetooth as the input. If I play from an internet browser or from a file on my macbook they play fine but the noise restarts as soon as I stop playing something. If I use the line in input it works fine with Spotify.

I've tried everything I can think of to isolate the problem, I've changed the output resolution in the app, I've rebooted and restarted the unit. Has anyone encountered anything similar?
Hi Joe,

We apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced. Could you please confirm if you're connecting to your audio equipment via the 'Line Out' option? If that's the case, we're prepared to provide you with a test version of our firmware specifically designed to address this issue.

I installed the firmware update but unfortunately it has not resolved the issue, all it did was to slightly change the tone of the popping noise. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is causing this? Is it the unit itself, or something to do with interference in my home? I now have a £150 purchase that I would love to work properly but is currently unusable and I need to know if it is resolvable, needs replacing or if I should send it back to get a refund.
Get back in touch with WiiM and let them know the firmware didn’t fix it.

Back