Noise through Coax

Fulci

Hello! I just got a Wiim Pro but when I connect to my DAC through coax it only makes noise, even when not playing anything.

I can hear the sample test file play very low behind the noise in lower sample rates test.

I have no issues with optical out, everything plays perfectly. Also, the cable and the DAC work fine with other sources with coax.

Please let me know if I have to ask Amazon for a replacement.

I have a similar problem with 75 Ohms digital cables:

One is 2 meters long and works up to 192/24 bitrate.

The other is the 5 meters version of the same cable and works up to 96/24 but there is no sound at all when I switch to 192/24.

Is there a length limit for cables?

I have a similar problem with 75 Ohms digital cables:

One is 2 meters long and works up to 192/24 bitrate.

The other is the 5 meters version of the same cable and works up to 96/24 but there is no sound at all when I switch to 192/24.

Is there a length limit for cables?
Mine is 1m so I don’t think that’s my issue. It’s either a problem with the Wiim or some sort of compatibility between the DAC and the streamer

Have you found a solution to this. Having similar issues on a unit that I just received via amazon. Optical is fine, but coax I'm getting that popping/static... I'm inclined to just return the unit.

Have you found a solution to this. Having similar issues on a unit that I just received via amazon. Optical is fine, but coax I'm getting that popping/static... I'm inclined to just return the unit.
Yes, send them a message, they’ll work it out for you. But that could be an issue with the Dac, can you try with another one?

Yes, send them a message, they’ll work it out for you. But that could be an issue with the Dac, can you try with another one?
Tried with a couple smsl su1, smsl c200, &fiiok9. I'll reach out to them, but if it's an issue maybe I'll swap it the pro for the pro+ with a better internal dac and forego using a separate dac.

Back