WiiM Pro Coax out - sudden noise issues

DigitalOut

Similar issue to others on Coax out emerged this week. Streaming Spotify, Qobuz and Roon. On lower res files like 44/16 there is major static noise. Even obvious when changing coax out resolution and playing the test melody. Higher resolution plays fine. The device is basically unusuable to stream standard resolution music.

Have you raised a ticket so WiiM can inspect your logs and hopefully fix it? This is just a user community forum and even if Wiim read your post, they don't have enough info to diagnose the problem

Same problem here
Tried WiiM pro and exchanged it for a WiiM pro plus and the same static noise when resolution in the player option doesn’t match the played song

Same problem here
Tried WiiM pro and exchanged it for a WiiM pro plus and the same static noise when resolution in the player option doesn’t match the played song
Can you elaborate? What settings do you have?
The wiim app sample rate settings tell the wiim to downsample if the source material is higher than the setting.
e.g. if set to 96/24 and you are playing anything up to and including that then the wiim can pass it through unaltered, depending on other settings such as no eq and fixed volume.
Maybe try turning on mqa beta to force "bit perfect' output settings (you can turn it off again) to see if that helps?
i.e. could it be some other app settings causing this?

Well
every time I play a song from wifi to coaxial output I can clearly hear noise / hiss and distortion.
I did try to switch back to my node 2i via exact same coaxial cable and power line and no noise at all
Both using same song , same wifi setup .
I did try to reset to factory default my WiiM but it didn’t solve the problem .
My setup is WiiM coax out to Audioquest coax cable to Hosa Spdif/aes converter box to Genelec 8361a via Mogami AES cable .

With Node 2i exact same cables setup doesn’t produce any noise .

If I remember right the 8361 has XLR input only? My suspect is the converter. The WiiMs seem to be quite choosy with interconnects...

Well that’s pretty weird
The converter and coax cable work fine with the Node 2i

With the WiiM , as soon as I play something , the distortion sound comes on . I can get a good sound check via coaxial frequency built-in sample piano sound test . I think the problem is the WiiM clock . There must be something in the software my Genelec don’t like…
I’m going back to my hold trusty Node 2i
If WiiM could fix this that would make sense

Well that’s pretty weird
The converter and coax cable work fine with the Node 2i

With the WiiM , as soon as I play something , the distortion sound comes on . I can get a good sound check via coaxial frequency built-in sample piano sound test . I think the problem is the WiiM clock . There must be something in the software my Genelec don’t like…
I’m going back to my hold trusty Node 2i
If WiiM could fix this that would make sense
Have you submitted a ticket to WiiM thru the feedback section in the Wiim home app?

i m not remember if onelyoneme had checked the output level of the wiim on spdif output..?
if you read us? ;-)
the +-0.5v pp standard is very often hardly respected on emeteur or receiver side..even if often tolerant , sometimes, creates a big mess...

Last edited:
Ok guys I managed to solve the problem
The static problem comes from WiiM Volume Limit option .
As soon as I leave the volume limit at 100% the static is gone .

I had to set a level limit within my Genelec GLM
I hope this helps other having problem like me .
And WiiM could fix this problem in software update

Ok guys I managed to solve the problem
The static problem comes from WiiM Volume Limit option .
As soon as I leave the volume limit at 100% the static is gone .

I had to set a level limit within my Genelec GLM
I hope this helps other having problem like me .
And WiiM could fix this problem in software update
Have you updated your ticket with that info?

Back