USB drive causing erratic behaviors

If someone from customer support wants to take a look at this, now is the time.
My ticket number is 497106
Did you issue the ticket through the WiiM Home App or manually? Just asking, because filing the ticket from the app also includes the logs, so WiiM have a better chance of analyzing the problem.

Did you issue the ticket through the WiiM Home App or manually? Just asking, because filing the ticket from the app also includes the logs, so WiiM have a better chance of analyzing the problem.
I submitted it via the website on my laptop. Can the AMP be accessed remotely to extract the necessary information?

I don't know for sure, but I don't think so. @WiiM Support keeps stressing this point, if possible, submit your ticket using the WiiM Home App.

There is a HTTP API for WiiM devices, but it's not officially documented for the Amp yet. Those commands documented for other WiiM devices don't cover the collection of log data.

Last edited:
I submitted it via the website on my laptop. Can the AMP be accessed remotely to extract the necessary information?
Best resubmitting a ticket from the app referring to the original, ideally when you have just experienced the issues so the device log will contain the necessary diagnostic info. The website really should emphasize this if it doesn’t already.

Best resubmitting a ticket from the app referring to the original, ideally when you have just experienced the issues so the device log will contain the necessary diagnostic info. The website really should emphasize this if it doesn’t already.
Where do I find access via the app? I'm not seeing it.

Found it, thank you.
New ticket #497273
Yesterday, we identified a USB disk exhibiting the same issue that you reported. Specifically, the problem occurs when the amplifier is scanning music randomly, leading to a halt in the scan and subsequently causing the device to freeze. Currently, our technical team is diligently working to identify the root cause of this issue.

Below is the body of an email I received earlier this evening.
Thank you for contacting WiiM Support. We appreciate your patience and the opportunity to assist you.

We wanted to update you on a recent discovery by our team. Yesterday, we identified a USB disk exhibiting the same issue that you reported. Specifically, the problem occurs when the amplifier is scanning music randomly, leading to a halt in the scan and subsequently causing the device to freeze.

Currently, our technical team is diligently working to identify the root cause of this issue. We are exploring all possible solutions to resolve this matter efficiently and effectively. Once we have more information, rest assured, we will promptly inform you. Additionally, we are planning to release a beta firmware update as a part of our solution, which we will make available to you as soon as it is ready.

We understand the inconvenience this may have caused and are committed to resolving this as quickly as possible. Thank you for your understanding and support during this process.

Warm Regards,
WiiM Support

I got some similar behavior on different USB-sticks:
One has 10.007 music files stored, is formatted in FAT32. When I have the amp scan the stick every time I try it comes up with different results, always something between 7.000 and 9.400, but never the correct amount.
The other stick got 8.168 files stored, is formatted in NTFS. Scanning and rescanning shows results of between 5.000 and 7.400 files.

Anything I can do to get correct scanning results?

Plus, when - on USB resource - I switch from Songs listing to Albums or Artists listing, eventually the app terminates completely!
Anyone any idea?

One has 10.007 music files stored, is formatted in FAT32. When I have the amp scan the stick every time I try it comes up with different results, always something between 7.000 and 9.400, but never the correct amount.
The other stick got 8.168 files stored, is formatted in NTFS. Scanning and rescanning shows results of between 5.000 and 7.400 files.

Plus, when - on USB resource - I switch from Songs listing to Albums or Artists listing, eventually the app terminates completely!
Anyone any idea?
Refer back to the beginning of this thread, are you experiencing any of the other symptoms I described?

Anyone any idea?
In the app, navigate to settings/feedback and submit a customer service ticket.
Describe the symptoms as you have here.
They are aware that a problem exists and are working to address it.
The best we can hope for is a resolution via an update. The worst case as I see it is affected devices will need to be returned/replaced.

Received my WiiM amp today and I'm experiencing USB scanning issues.

1TB SanDisk, 480GB of FLAC files and further MP3 files. No separate power source

First scan showed 9,000 ish songs, rescanning got to about 24,000 and then scanning process just seemed to hang. UI only shows existing (9000 ish) scan results.

Factory reset and on connecting the USB again the same initial scan results are presented and rescan option doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Ordered a power Y cable to see if that resolves it as suggested in this thread. Following this thread with interest.
though.

They told me that a new app release would fix the issue with scanning large collections on USB - but the App release the other day effectively still had the same problem for me. I will wait for the next firmware and App update and if it still bad will submit another feedback bug to their team.

They told me that a new app release would fix the issue with scanning large collections on USB - but the App release the other day effectively still had the same problem for me. I will wait for the next firmware and App update and if it still bad will submit another feedback bug to their team.
We will release a test iOS app for you via TestFlight this week. We have used the 100,000 tracks to test the new app and ensure the memory and CPU usage is expected.

Also, we have found the I/O block issues on certain USB disks; now, our engineers are improving the issue.

Suggestion:
Perhaps Ticket Numbers or some other designation could be referenced when progress is being reported on particular issues

I sent my problem twice via the feedback option in the app. My last ticket number is 497475.
Now they want me to provide the UUID and the MAC address. Although I don't understand why that information is not included in my feedback - where do I find it on my device?

Back