USB drive causing erratic behaviors

I sent my problem twice via the feedback option in the app. My last ticket number is 497475.
Now they want me to provide the UUID and the MAC address. Although I don't understand why that information is not included in my feedback - where do I find it on my device?
That info should have been in the ticket if you clicked the button half way down the screen before sending. Nonetheless, you’ll find them under device info in the app

I sent my problem twice via the feedback option in the app. My last ticket number is 497475.
Now they want me to provide the UUID and the MAC address. Although I don't understand why that information is not included in my feedback - where do I find it on my device?
Device Settings/Network Status may give you the information they're looking for.
Curious, I have not been asked to supply this information.

Last edited:
Below is the body of an email I received at 22:06 EST last night:
We are pleased to inform you that the issue you reported has been successfully resolved. Our team has diligently worked on a fix, and we are excited to introduce the latest firmware version, 5.0.606745.
If you have any further questions or encounter any issues during the update process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to provide support and ensure your continued satisfaction.

Best regards,
WiiM Support Team

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240205_220945_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20240205_220945_WiiM Home.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I reformatted the PNY drive, this time in exFAT.. Copied approximately 1G of data and installed the drive in the AMP without external power. The AMP exhibited none of the erratic behaviors it had before. There is still the issue of the AMP not initially reading the full contents of the disk, but I left it overnight and this morning all the data appears to be there.
Am currently copying the remainder of my library to the disk. Will install it when finished and report the results.

Last edited:
Make sure usb flash drive are fast as possible using 400 read and write make a difference.

My AMP is finally a fully functional device. The 5.0.606745 firmware update successfully eliminated the erratic behaviors I described, and restored functionality where there was none.
There are some remaining issues I'm discovering, chief among them at the moment are the discrepancies between what is on the disk and what the AMP registered. Hopefully this will be resolved with further updates.

Many thanks to the WiiM Support Team for their response and to fellow members for your support!

Many thanks also from my part!
The scan of music seems to work now, except it needs two or three rescans until it finds all of the music.

And there is one more thing I'm really missing since I'm so much more used to searching in folders much rather than in song names or artists or albums.
I don't know if it's okay to post that here: I'd really love to also have the category 'folders' to search in, or at least all contents presented in folders.
Thank you very much for considering!

And there is one more thing I'm really missing since I'm so much more used to searching in folders much rather than in song names or artists or albums.
I don't know if it's okay to post that here: I'd really love to also have the category 'folders' to search in, or at least all contents presented in folders.
Thank you very much for considering!
This worked for me on my Android devices, I can't speak for iOS.

Uninstall and reinstall the WiiM app
Navigate to your Media Server and select it
DO NOT select "Switch to Advanced Mode"

This should allow you access to the feature you want.
See the attachment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240218_061219_WiiM Home~3.jpg
    Screenshot_20240218_061219_WiiM Home~3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 9
This worked for me on my Android devices, I can't speak for iOS.

Uninstall and reinstall the WiiM app
Navigate to your Media Server and select it
DO NOT select "Switch to Advanced Mode"

This should allow you access to the feature you want.
See the attachment.
This seemed to work for me initially (although I'm not really interested to go back to listing by folder). However, after a certain period of time all content disappeared from the WiiM Amp's Home Music Share, until I hit the re-index button. Everything back to normal, now. But the browse by folder option is gone again, of course.

Not an issue for me since all my files have proper ID3 tags and I vastly prefer metadata over folders, but for those who don't I wonder how robust a solution this is.

Back