USB files with Amp - app crashes

dstinguished

Has anyone else had problems playing music from a USB stick on their Amp? I have a Sandisk 512mb flash drive with about 40000 tracks on it, with one folder per album. The app (iOS) scans about 17000 tracks then crashes. I have tried rebooting the amp, and the app, and tried deleting the wiim_cache folder, but with no success. I am now wondering if there is a maximum number of folders and/or tracks that the app will scan. Any ideas gratefully received. (I have put in a support ticket but no reply yet.) Many thanks.

Has anyone else had problems playing music from a USB stick on their Amp? I have a Sandisk 512mb flash drive with about 40000 tracks on it, with one folder per album. The app (iOS) scans about 17000 tracks then crashes. I have tried rebooting the amp, and the app, and tried deleting the wiim_cache folder, but with no success. I am now wondering if there is a maximum number of folders and/or tracks that the app will scan. Any ideas gratefully received. (I have put in a support ticket but no reply yet.) Many thanks.
I am not sure my USB/App crashes, but the Amp/App has had trouble scanning - using a 128 GB (with about 100 GB of music) it would scan just the "A" artist folders, then on a rescan, only the "B" artist folders, etc. It eventually scanned the whole stick, but has produced many duplicate song files (ie every song in several album folders is listed twice in the App index). So, I am wondering if there is a way to eliminate the duplicates of songs that are showing up in the index in Wiim App? There does not seem to be a way to clear a previous indexing by the Amp/App – I deleted the Wiim cache folder from the stick on a PC, then put it back in the Amp – but most of the previously indexed info instantly reappeared, suggesting to me the Amp/App retains a copy in addition to the cache folder on the usb stick. Having searched other threads on the forum, I see that @Brantome and @jeromeof commented on duplicated USB files listings, but i have not seen any suggested solutions.

I only had that issue away at the start when I was first trying it out, but don’t appear to have the issue now with a new USB drive. I think first time round the duplicates may have appeared after being powered up again, but I don’t see any now.

Hi dstinguished,

Could you kindly provide your ticket number? This will allow me to collaborate with our team to promptly address your concern. In the meantime, I recommend using a smaller USB flash disk (rather than an HDD) that requires a maximum power of less than 600mA. Please note that the USB port on the WiiM Amp is designed to support up to 5V, 600mA only. Your understanding and cooperation in this matter are greatly appreciated.

Going back to the issues i reported above, I solved the duplicates issue - by realizing I caused it. When i copied the 250+ artist folders to the stick, i did not realize a folder of several hundred older mp3 songs was also mixed in there - containing many duplicates of the newer flac rips.
But the scanning/re-scanning issue remains - after cleaning up the 128Gb stick (FAT32 Format) to ensure no duplicates (but now with mixed flac and mp3 files throughout), and deleting the Wiim Cache file, it took 20 + presses of the rescan button (using new app layout for USB drive) to get the Amp/App to scan the 100 GB of songs on the stick. It seemed to consistently be willing to scan only about 80-150 tracks with each re-scan.
I also note that each time i delete the Wiim cache file from the stick on a PC (to try to get a clean rescan) Win 10 says the stick has errors and wants to repair it (though all is well after going through the repair process)

Hi dstinguished,

Could you kindly provide your ticket number? This will allow me to collaborate with our team to promptly address your concern. In the meantime, I recommend using a smaller USB flash disk (rather than an HDD) that requires a maximum power of less than 600mA. Please note that the USB port on the WiiM Amp is designed to support up to 5V, 600mA only. Your understanding and cooperation in this matter are greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your reply. Ticket #496181

Back