Playing aif files on usb stick with Amp

Release notes are not available in Audio Help Desk, yet.

1000017309.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't scroll down for the screenshot. :p

I can confirm the volume I dictator light is switched off in standby now. Marvelous!

Was this supported before? On amazon description it states those file format.
I think this was an issue supporting AIF files on the minidlna/usb server, separate from support of aif files from elsewhere. Probably something like the mime types supported by miniDLNA or such. @simbun will correct me ;)

I think this was an issue supporting AIF files on the minidlna/usb server, separate from support of aif files from elsewhere. Probably something like the mime types supported by miniDLNA or such. @simbun will correct me ;)
Yes it was just an indexing limitation rather than playback.
Maybe all that was needed was to add the extension and mime type to the relevant code.

Update: No success. Amp still doesn't recognize aif files on my disk after the firmware update. WiiM App shows the firmware has been updated. I had the Amp re-scan the stick drive, no luck. It plays the flac files on the stick no problem, but not aif.

Update: No success. Amp still doesn't recognize aif files on my disk after the firmware update. WiiM App shows the firmware has been updated. I had the Amp re-scan the stick drive, no luck. It plays the flac files on the stick no problem, but not aif.
Have you verified the tags with anything other than iTunes? I think you'll probably need ID3, but I'm guessing now as I know very little about iTunes or AIFF.

EDIT: I think you can get a 7 day free trial of Mp3tag on the Mac.

ID3, no idea what that is. Yes, the files are native aif, created from direct CD rips on my old Mac via iTunes circa 2010 or so. I'll convert them all to flac if I absolutely must, but I'd really prefer not to. WiiM is supposed to be Mac-friendly out of the box, so I've been a bit surprised that aif support has been a moving target. It's not a deal-breaker, I really like the Amp.

ID3, no idea what that is. Yes, the files are native aif, created from direct CD rips on my old Mac via iTunes circa 2010 or so. I'll convert them all to flac if I absolutely must, but I'd really prefer not to. WiiM is supposed to be Mac-friendly out of the box, so I've been a bit surprised that aif support has been a moving target. It's not a deal-breaker, I really like the Amp.
To rule out your files being the problem try opening them in Mp3tag.

I can't remember if it's in the default layout, but I would think the tag column should read ID3v2.x as in this screenshot.

Last edited:
To rule out your files being the problem try opening them in Mp3tag.

I can't remember if it's in the default layout, but I would think the tag column should read ID3v2.x as in this screenshot.
Downloaded the trial version of Mp3tag for Mac and was able to open the aif files no problem.

Downloaded the trial version of Mp3tag for Mac and was able to open the aif files no problem.
Multiple tagging standards can be used in AIFF and WAV, some of which aren't widely supported, but if the tag column in Mp3tag lists ID3v2.{something} then it's not likely the problem.

I guess it's back to WiiM.

Back