USB Stick Format (Mac OS) for WiiM AMP

jbnati

I purchased a Samsung Fit Plus 256gb USB 3.1 mini usb storage stick, and I am using Mac Disk Utility to format it, and I've tried both:

1. ExFAT
  2. MS-Dos (Fat32)
The WiiM Amp doesn't seem to bee recognizing either of those formats, unless I'm not looking for that in the right place in the WiiM App.

I have checked "My Music" and that only shows my iPhone, and a generic My Playlists options. When I go to the bottom of the Browse menu in the app where it shows "Sources" I don't even see USB listed.

Can anyone tell me which of those two above formats are supported (I know they aren't technically VFAT) but Mac only let's me format in these two options other than "Mac OS Extended" (which I doubt will work on the amp). Am I just stupid and am not looking in the correct menu on the app? I just got this today and did some light digging to find the answers. Hopefully I'm not screwed on format since I'm on Mac and not Windows.

Thanks for the help

Thanks, I didn't show up for a while in Home Music Share, but then it finally did in MS-DOS FAT32 format.

Back