USB shuffle

Petevid

Loving my new Wiim amp. Had no problems seeing 5000 mp3 files 320k on a usb stick plugged into the usb input.

I like the shuffle play back option but the range’ of the shuffle appears to be quite limited?

If I’m playing a track called for example ‘Stay with me’ using the shuffle option I’ve noticed it will only randomly play tracks beginning with S or maybe T not from the whole range of alphabetical titles available.

Last edited:
I agree, the randomization is very limited.
To use an analogy, if this were a dealer at a gaming table it would soon be emptying ash trays.

I think what might be happening is that the shuffle feature only shuffles tracks waiting in the play back queue and not from all the songs/tracks held on the usb device. I have raised a ticket.

Just to clarify, having selected the USB input under the browse option in the app , you can then select Songs, Album, Artist etc. If you select songs then the app lists all the songs (tracks) on the USB device, in my case 5,000 individual tracks. You can select a track to play and also select shuffle however it doesn't shuffle or select from all 5,000 tracks available just ones 'local' to the track that's currently playing.

Another ticket I've raised for USB lovers is the ability to add USB input to a preset in the app or on the remote. And also to list USB input under 'Input" not just under the browse option.

I ask myself..
Would it be possible connecting to the USB or HDD device with FTP? Because then you could transfer music easily to the USB,HDD.
From a laptop,pc to the storage on the WIIM.

Another ticket I've raised for USB lovers is the ability to add USB input to a preset in the app or on the remote. And also to list USB input under 'Input" not just under the browse option.
USB is listed under "Select Source" at the bottom of the "Browse" page, but it doesn't have the same functionality as "Home Music Share".

I think what might be happening is that the shuffle feature only shuffles tracks waiting in the play back queue and not from all the songs/tracks held on the usb device. I have raised a ticket.

Just to clarify, having selected the USB input under the browse option in the app , you can then select Songs, Album, Artist etc. If you select songs then the app lists all the songs (tracks) on the USB device, in my case 5,000 individual tracks. You can select a track to play and also select shuffle however it doesn't shuffle or select from all 5,000 tracks available just ones 'local' to the track that's currently playing.
All of what you wrote is consistent with my experience and I think pretty close to the mark.
I also suspect the USB interface was not designed with large libraries in mind. Mine is twice what you indicated and still small in comparison to others. From what I read and hear from nieces and nephews, it is no longer as popular to emass large collections of music or video since the advent and popularity of streaming services.
Thanks BTW for submitting the ticket.

All of what you wrote is consistent with my experience and I think pretty close to the mark.
I also suspect the USB interface was not designed with large libraries in mind. Mine is twice what you indicated and still small in comparison to others. From what I read and hear from nieces and nephews, it is no longer as popular to emass large collections of music or video since the advent and popularity of streaming services.
Thanks BTW for submitting the ticket.
I use online Streaming services too but I also like to be independent of those and be able to play my own digitised music .

Back