Not recognising all tracks on USB

Duncan Clench

Up till recently my WiiM Amp saw all the tracks on the USB drive I have attached, I removed the USB Stick to put more music on it.

I plugged it back into the amp and powered it on, did a rescan and now it only sees 2000 tracks.

No change on recent firmware update

I have tried deleting the cache but no no avail

Anyone have similar problem?

Firmware 5.0.613551 here, 11801 song, 898 albums so far. So far, a rescan was always sufficient to detect added files.

Yeah It was the same for me

As I cant add my NAS Music to the app (and the windows app not fit for purpose) I have to have a USB drive with another copy of the music on it.

So any time I get new music I have to take out the drive put on the new music and plug it back in.

This time it only sees 2000 files of a >20K library, very annoying

As I cant add my NAS Music to the app (and the windows app not fit for purpose) I have to have a USB drive with another copy of the music on it.
If you've already got a NAS why don't you install a media server on there rather than use the embedded server in the Amp?

Assuming your NAS supports installing third party servers, you'll have a much richer browsing experience, and most importantly you'll have much more control over the indexing process.

If you've already got a NAS why don't you install a media server on there rather than use the embedded server in the Amp?

Assuming your NAS supports installing third party servers, you'll have a much richer browsing experience, and most importantly you'll have much more control over the indexing process.
It has PLEX on it and using that or plexamp to cast to the WiiM amp is very hit and miss

But that is beside the point, the amp is supposed to be able to read from the USB drive and isn't

It has PLEX on it and using that or plexamp to cast to the WiiM amp is very hit and miss
I've only tested Plex and PlexAmp a little but it's always been stable for me, that being said it is a little unnecessary for just basic indexing. If you can install MinimServer it would likely be much more robust.

But that is beside the point, the amp is supposed to be able to read from the USB drive and isn't
Of course it should, but as others don't appear to be having the same issue, and given it's a black box, the only advice we can offer are better alternatives (especially as all your music is already on there) or to send feedback from the WiiM Home app.

Last edited:
I've had similar issues with USB . Missing songs and half the songs have incomplete metadata (wav format). When I use the "folders" view in the Wiim home app, all the music is listed correctly. All the views (Artist, Album, etc) have missing songs. It is annoying and seems buggy

I've had similar issues with USB . Missing songs and half the songs have incomplete metadata (wav format). When I use the "folders" view in the Wiim home app, all the music is listed correctly. All the views (Artist, Album, etc) have missing songs. It is annoying and seems buggy
But that sounds like something is wrong with your ID3 tags.

The tags themselves are certainly the same, the question is, if what you see really comes from metadata at all.

The folder structure itself doesn't exist in ID3 tags, it's really read from the file system. How do you organize your file names? Admittedly, when I look at my files from the folders view, only the artist and the album appear to be taken from the filesystem, while the title look like it's been taken from the ID3 tag.

I just noticed you have your music stored in WAV files. As far as I know there is no well defined standard for ID3 tags in the wave format, just a de facto way some applications do it. That might lead to a somewhat shaky support by WiiM.

I don't have an Amp but I do have an instance of MiniDLNA, so I loaded an album consisting of WAVs ripped with dBpoweramp and they were correctly indexed.
In folder view once you get to track level (including the Now Playing screen) everything comes from the tags, so if there are files in Folder view that aren't appearing in tag view yet the details on the Now Playing screen are from the tags, then it's likely that something is failing.

If you have a Linux install (or can install one in a VM) installing MiniDLNA is probably a good test as to what the Amp should be capable of.

Up till recently my WiiM Amp saw all the tracks on the USB drive I have attached, I removed the USB Stick to put more music on it.

I plugged it back into the amp and powered it on, did a rescan and now it only sees 2000 tracks.

No change on recent firmware update

I have tried deleting the cache but no no avail

Anyone have similar problem?
Thanks very much for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience!

To help us debug further, could you help send us feedback with WiiM Home app by selecting App settings -> Feedback? We will check it immediately after receiving it.

Warm Regards,
WiiM Support

Back