wiim amp usb search crashing the app

wiim amp usb search crashing the app. Tried different SSD formated ntfs
Are you using the search within My Library?
Assuming it's the same search functionality as is available through Home Music Share (I don't have an Amp), does it work if you first select Albums rather than Songs?
Do you get the same result if you use the Search function at the bottom of the screen?

It is usb media search Library
If you select Albums or Artists before typing your search term does it still crash?

The reason I'm asking is because the search in Home Music Share (possibly in USB Media Library too) has been implemented really poorly, it fires a UPnP search after every letter you type e.g. typing 'Adele' triggers 5 UPnP searches. On large collections or poorly implemented servers it could cause a significant load.
Searching under Songs makes the situation much worse, as it not only searches for Track titles but Artists too (for some reason), something servers probably aren't indexed for.

If you select Albums or Artists before typing your search term does it still crash?

The reason I'm asking is because the search in Home Music Share (possibly in USB Media Library too) has been implemented really poorly, it fires a UPnP search after every letter you type e.g. typing 'Adele' triggers 5 UPnP searches. On large collections or poorly implemented servers it could cause a significant load.
Searching under Songs makes the situation much worse, as it not only searches for Track titles but Artists too (for some reason), something servers probably aren't indexed for.
It is crashing no matter what kind of search

So, does it crash every time or at least repeatedly?

I did have a crash once or twice and as @simbun suggested it obviously seems.ro be related to me (unintentionally) searching for songs (when I really wanted to search for artists).

From your screenshot it looks that at least some of your tracks don't have proper ID3 tags. Don't get me wrong, the app simply should not crash, not matter what you through at it. But it might be helpful to isolate possibly different issues, and look into each one separately.

I noticed I had PNG files embedded in some of my FLAC files. This should generally be allowed (as far as I understand the specs) but the DLNA implementation used by WiiM doesn't seem to like that. No crashes, luckily, just covers not being shown.

So, does it crash every time or at least repeatedly?

I did have a crash once or twice and as @simbun suggested it obviously seems.ro be related to me (unintentionally) searching for songs (when I really wanted to search for artists).

From your screenshot it looks that at least some of your tracks don't have proper ID3 tags. Don't get me wrong, the app simply should not crash, not matter what you through at it. But it might be helpful to isolate possibly different issues, and look into each one separately.

I noticed I had PNG files embedded in some of my FLAC files. This should generally be allowed (as far as I understand the specs) but the DLNA implementation used by WiiM doesn't seem to like that. No crashes, luckily, just covers not being shown.
Every time I try to make a search no matter what kind.

Sorry for my English spelling

Back