What are you listening to?

"Japan may be one of the most popular groups you've never heard of."
(Not my words, just quoting without knowledge who said it)

View attachment 6522
Unfortunately classed as a “New Romantic” band limited their appeal I think. A band that developed as they grew from a New York Dolls persona to cutting edge electronica. When you look at their line up at the end there was Sylvian, Jansen, Karn and Barbieri. All still highly regarded musicians.

Unfortunately classed as a “New Romantic” band limited their appeal I think. A band that developed as they grew from a New York Dolls persona to cutting edge electronica. When you look at their line up at the end there was Sylvian, Jansen, Karn and Barbieri. All still highly regarded musicians.
Funny, David was already on my playlist for this evening ;-)

IMG_2944.jpeg

Female vocalist, melodic, romantic, rhythmic, bittersweet, longing, passionate, minimalistic, cold, nocturnal, androgynous vocals, ominous, dark, futuristic.
Any questions?

IMG_2935.jpeg

A bit heavier again. The first track is one of my recommendation for testing or parade subwoofers. Or your really big floorstanders. Some might loose the fight. But do not laugh (or do): My feeling is that in the stream it isn't as impressive as it is on the CD at this point. Bias only? I don't care.

IMG_2946.jpeg

Back