What are you listening to?

Sounds wonderful on the amp😮.
Amazing..
If it's your kind of music I would say.. give it a try. You won't regret it.
Enjoy.
Screenshot_20240417-161404~2.png

As a debut album, this one is a complete masterpiece. No weak song. And lots of great songs like Mad World, Pale Shelter, Change, Suffer the Children or Memories Fade.

IMG_2949.jpeg

"She's all ambition and no talent."
"She's a great businesswoman. But that's it."
"She's a media manipulator."
"She can't sing."
"She doesn't write her songs."
And so on and so forth.
Well, if you want to prove any of those arguments wrong, the answer is simple: Like a Prayer!

IMG_2950.jpeg

Last for today, another Champions League night coming.
All things considered, Music for the Masses might be less star-studded than Violator, Black Celebration or even Some Great Reward, but it's just as essential for anybody seriously interested in the band. Along with Violator, a great place to start one's investigation of their discography.

IMG_2951.jpeg

Music of the 80,s..wasn't a band called midnight oil quite popular in that time?
How did they developed from there I wonder..still popular?

Last edited:
Rage In Eden is rather typical of Ure-era Ultravox. Strong synths, melodramatic vocals, mid-paced rhythms, one knockout song, some fine ones and very little forgettable moments.

IMG_2953.jpeg

Wrong decision above for today ;-)
For relaxation this might do a better job on a nice, but cool April day in the Rheinpfalz.

IMG_2954.jpeg

Taylor's new album on release tomorrow. Quite sure the Swifties are on fire and prepared again and the hype will even grow.
Is it sad? Is it good? Or is it simply Zeitgeist what simply has to be accepted? Thinking what most of my generation's parents did not understand for our idols too.
(Have to confess that I too will enjoy the white vinyl as soon as it arrives tomorrow ;-)

IMG_2957.jpegIMG_2956.jpeg

Nearly forgotten, but at least in Germany he was extremely popular then and a regular guest in Hitparade and Disco on TV. No idea how it was in the UK? It seems he found his luck in Germany and went so far to get citizenship.
Started his career as Chris Ravel and the Ravers on Decca, but after one 7'' the band was history.

IMG_2958.jpeg

Brings so much joy to listen to this ..👍👍
Sounds excellent on the amp👌👌😮👌
Always wonderful and exciting. Thanks Wiim.Screenshot_20240418-150911.png

For the moment I am caught in the 1980s, so much to rediscover.
Simply their Sergeant Pepper album - a landmark!

IMG_2961.jpeg

Back