What are you listening to?

Great names, great music. The vinyl from Light in the Attic Records most likely perfectly produced, as always. No chance to join RSD yesterday, so mail ordered and waiting.
But available via the streaming services too.

IMG_3014.jpeg

A bit of mainstream jazz with patriotic colouring.
Fun fact: The Germans may know the drummer on track 1, a guy named Udo Lindenberg ;-)

IMG_3017.jpeg

High time for a walk through NMAs albums again. Starting with the record which is still my favorite.

IMG_3018.jpeg

A bit heavier again. The first track is one of my recommendation for testing or parade subwoofers. Or your really big floorstanders. Some might loose the fight. But do not laugh (or do): My feeling is that in the stream it isn't as impressive as it is on the CD at this point. Bias only? I don't care.

View attachment 6533
Haha, careful now, CD better than streaming?! You're veering awfully close to snake oil territory! 😱

I stand for it, die-hard! Streaming will remain always the last, but convenient for not so important music ;-)
Vinyl first, CD second and then streaming gets the bronze medal.
I wouldn’t say you’re alone in that, but equally I’ve hear it said by a very good local hi-fi shop that for them it’s vinyl first; then CD with its on the fly! less than 100% error correction; followed by NAS with a 100% accurate file copy albeit still employing mechanical components like its spinning disc; and then mechanics-free bit perfect streaming. YMMV of course ;)

I wouldn’t say you’re alone in that, but equally I’ve hear it said by a very good local hi-fi shop that for them it’s vinyl first; then CD with its on the fly! less than 100% error correction; followed by NAS with a 100% accurate file copy albeit still employing mechanical components like its spinning disc; and then mechanics-free bit perfect streaming. YMMV of course ;)
For me the stored HDD music lost its rank vs streaming. I could not visit my local record store at the weekend for RSD, but we had a chat last week and they are confirming that vinyl gets stronger and stronger, CDs have an absolute unexpected come back and they think even that for their business streaming is the best what could happen to them. Their theory is the test function from streams bolster the purchases. It could be luck to have such a store what belongs to the good ones who all love the job and the music.

Back