What are you listening to?

I stand for it, die-hard! Streaming will remain always the last, but convenient for not so important music ;-)
Vinyl first, CD second and then streaming gets the bronze medal.
cd vs stream with plus in deezer flac ... cd too...

I used to think CD was the best medium (even above vinyl of course since j never grew up with that). But now since I've optimised my digital chain for low noise - I rank streaming above CD because of the convenience, and also CDs don't last forever - have you ever had one spontaneously peel on you?! 😅
I know, blasphemy and snake oil all around for me! Most people are vinyl purists. I'm actually gonna get into cassettes next. Got my eyes on an aiwa or something from the mid nineties. 😁

I used to think CD was the best medium (even above vinyl of course since j never grew up with that). But now since I've optimised my digital chain for low noise - I rank streaming above CD because of the convenience, and also CDs don't last forever - have you ever had one spontaneously peel on you?! 😅
I know, blasphemy and snake oil all around for me! Most people are vinyl purists. I'm actually gonna get into cassettes next. Got my eyes on an aiwa or something from the mid nineties. 😁
I would encourage you to hurry up with the decks. Many think it will the next "big thing". Dragons and Revoxes are already skyrocketing.

... and also CDs don't last forever ...
You certainly know that streaming doesn't last forever, too?

Not talking about streaming as a concept, of course. But your favourite streaming provider might actually go out of business (no matter, how big it once was). Your favourite artists music might disappear any time, even if your favourite streaming provider did not go out of business. I am absolutely convinced that this is a much higher risk than CDs rotting away (and my first CD player was the Philips CD101, not the CD 100, admittedly).

And now I will have a look at the LP collection my brother handed over to me on Friday.

You certainly know that streaming doesn't last forever, too?

Not talking about streaming as a concept, of course. But your favourite streaming provider might actually go out of business (no matter, how big it once was). Your favourite artists music might disappear any time, even if your favourite streaming provider did not go out of business. I am absolutely convinced that this is a much higher risk than CDs rotting away (and my first CD player was the Philips CD101, not the CD 100, admittedly).

And now I will have a look at the LP collection my brother handed over to me on Friday.
yeh, but don't worry, if streaming fails then file sharing will come back 😈 I still have some old HDDs with 320 kbps mp3 files knocking around somewhere in my shed, haha.
Please @Fender don't say that!! 😱 I've already seen prices creeping up slowly and good models being snapped up quickly. 🏃‍♂️ I think an aiwa tape deck will be my next component purchase if I can ever convince my mind not to invest time and money in more snake oil 🐍

Of course, I can't miss this omnipresent album. Trying to understand what's going on in the head of the biggest pop star of the present. And that's exactly what you learn on The Tortured Poets Department, because Taylor Swift is and has always been above all a confessional songwriter and storyteller who slips into existing shapes like in a dress or jacket. The aesthetics she chooses for her respective albums is always part of the story (this is not different with Bob Dylan - only pants rather than dress). Recently flawlessly implemented in the mood music at the blue hour of Midnights. It is a bit surprising that she chooses a very similar aesthetic on the successor, which is about separations. But maybe it takes the acoustic cocooning of the cosy sounds (of Aaron Dessner and Jack Antonoff), determined the sound since Swift's coming-of-age album Folklore to heal the sore soul. The charm of The Tortured Poets Department is at least initially not necessarily musical in nature, but rather more textual. Should not surprise with an album with this title. Of course, you also listen so spellbound, because you otherwise only know celebrity couple separations remotely from the "Gala" that is out at the hairdresser's, and not first-hand. You look for the sensation and also find something toxic when the most popular woman in the world sings about her not so well-known ex lines like And I'll forget you, but I'll never forgive / The smallest man who ever lived. But the lyrics that she scatters in the glittering mid-tempo synth pop cocktail like a match letter poison are already masterclass.
(Initially written in German and hopefully the translation isn't too bad)

IMG_3021.jpeg

Last edited:
Of course, I can't miss this omnipresent album. Trying to understand what's going on in the head of the biggest pop star of the present. And that's exactly what you learn on The Tortured Poets Department, because Taylor Swift is and has always been above all a confessional songwriter and storyteller who slips into existing shapes like in a dress or jacket. The aesthetics she chooses for her respective albums is always part of the story (this is not different with Bob Dylan - only pants rather than dress). Recently flawlessly implemented in the mood music at the blue hour of Midnights. It is a bit surprising that she chooses a very similar aesthetic on the successor, which is about separations. But maybe it takes the acoustic cocooning of the cosy sounds (of Aaron Dessner and Jack Antonoff), determined the sound since Swift's coming-of-age album Folklore to heal the sore soul. The charm of The Tortured Poets Department is at least initially not necessarily musical in nature, but rather more textual. Should not surprise with an album with this title. Of course, you also listen so spellbound, because you otherwise only know celebrity couple separations remotely from the "Gala" that is out at the hairdresser's, and not first-hand. You look for the sensation and also find something toxic when the most popular woman in the world sings about her not so well-known ex lines like And I'll forget you, but I'll never forgive / The smallest man who ever lived. But the lyrics that she scatters in the glittering mid-tempo synth pop cocktail like a match letter poison are already masterclass.
(Initially written in German and hopefully the translation isn't too bad)

SView attachment 6723
Smoothly produced mediocrity 😜😁😎. (IMHO)

i certainly enjoy all the backgroung info/personal anecdotes that @Fender throws into his posts. thanks so much for taking the time to put that stuff in! 🙏 i wish i was that knowledgable about who produced the albums i love and what was happening in the cultural moment at the time etc! 👏 🙇‍♂️
i'm not a swiftie tho, and probably never will be! :ROFLMAO:

i certainly enjoy all the backgroung info/personal anecdotes that @Fender throws into his posts. thanks so much for taking the time to put that stuff in! 🙏 i wish i was that knowledgable about who produced the albums i love and what was happening in the cultural moment at the time etc! 👏 🙇‍♂️
i'm not a swiftie tho, and probably never will be! :ROFLMAO:
I hope not to be seen as Swiftie too. But without this often used glasses that music in every case has to belong to niches what only makes it worth to listen is also wrong. IMHO. In German we have a saying, nonsense of course, but with a lot of truth: Der Mensch braucht Schlager ;-) and indeed, many if not the most love and need pop.

The "Department Heavy" for today, to set a counterpoint ;-))
Musically and technically my highlight in the discography of the Swedes. Despite loudness according to the radio standard there is enough dynamics left to make the quiet areas seem really quiet.

IMG_3022.jpeg

"many if not the most love and need pop."

There has and always will be 'pop' music - but much of the last 2 decades has been corporately produced & heavily promoted rubbish (again imho😊). In contrast, for example, Bob Dylan, or Springsteen gave us pop but always so much more. 😎

"many if not the most love and need pop."

There has and always will be 'pop' music - but much of the last 2 decades has been corporately produced & heavily promoted rubbish (again imho😊). In contrast, for example, Bob Dylan, or Springsteen gave us pop but always so much more. 😎
Normally the attitude "everything was better earlier" is more or less mine. But for me its always a view on a singular record. Promoted or not. For TS it might be too early for some lifetime awards. Let the coming generations do the final judgements. As a long time listener to Dylan and Springsteen: There is also enough rubbish to find ;-)

Back