What are you listening to?

1000002432.pngOk, I can see colour now, vision is becoming sharper. But everything is so deterministic in this world I find myself in... 😯 I can only perceive the universe as it fits into this world view. Forced to take everything so literally even when I'm certain there's more to it than meets the eye (or ear)! 🤔
If you're in the mood for some percussion. This does what it says on the tin...

Like every year a heated debate is going on which artists will go to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
This year's inductees are:

Mary J. Blige
Cher
Dave Matthews Band
Foreigner
Peter Frampton
Kool and the Gang
A Tribe Called Quest
Ozzy Osbourne

Any personal favorite? Or even more than one? If you're in the mood maybe show a corresponding album of choice.
Will start with an easy one for me ;-)

View attachment 6774
Easy! A Tribe Called Quest any day for me... elite level lyricists all around. You have not heard hip-hop until you've listened to the low end theory... 😎
1000002436.png

My good night record for today. "Historic" sound quality. But singing to die for! Bjoerling and Merrill, the long time dream team from the Met. The duet from The Pearl Fishers was never again performed so outstanding (on record).

IMG_3041.jpeg

Is it possible my post yesterday subliminally pushed you to this???
No, Sir. It is coincidence. Just checked your mentioned post and still smiling. Not often, but at least from time to time we meet on the music!

Finally!
In any case my release of the week. They belong to the gang of old heroes where I (have to) love every record. Even the not so good. A question of constancy ;-))

IMG_3044.jpeg

Walking further through the new releases.
"It's rough-around-the-edges fun, with the warmth of familiarity and kinship that Neil Young & Crazy Horse have built by playing together for more than half a century." (AllMusic)
But hey, its Neil Young and Crazy Horse. Impossible to fail ;-)
So most likely you would not be disappointed. Or surprised.
And for those really interested in his musical (and yes, also his political) life this a good place https://neilyoungarchives.com/welcome. Sad he doesn't support any implementation.

IMG_3048.jpeg

Walking further through the new releases.
"It's rough-around-the-edges fun, with the warmth of familiarity and kinship that Neil Young & Crazy Horse have built by playing together for more than half a century." (AllMusic)
But hey, its Neil Young and Crazy Horse. Impossible to fail ;-)
So most likely you would not be disappointed. Or surprised.
And for those really interested in his musical (and yes, also his political) life this a good place https://neilyoungarchives.com/welcome. Sad he doesn't support any implementation.

View attachment 6795
Sadly, the word Fu#k (in all its forms, verb.,noun, etc) has probably become the most common word in American and British English. More often than not, it's used to cover for a lack of imagination and verbal fluency. My 2 euro cents worth. 😁

May be the world today makes it easy to use the f.. word. Much is really f..
But wrong place here, I think.

With one week delay, promises from Leeds. It needed a few spins.
The familiar and the unusual go hand in hand with this young band from Leeds around singer Lily Fontaine: There are folk and prog-rock influences, at the same time a steady post-punk grounding. A songwriting that is in love with British pop traditions, but then repeatedly breaks into completely different paths (symptomatic: I'm Not Crying, You're Crying); you will find references to The Smiths as well as to some early experimental Radiohead albums. The lyrics of the charismatic singer are wonderfully British (I feel so, maybe a genuine British will have another look) rich in irony and precise observation. In Lewis Whiting the band has a guitarist who does not have to hide behind a Graham Coxon. Of course he plays a variety of..guess what? When looking into the British music press most of them agree that English Teacher is the band of the hour, with an LP that could hardly be further away from chart pop of any kind. Of course, it is one of the best and most original things I've heard in intelligent pop music lately. And I hope that this is the beginning of something big. A promise is this debut at all times.

IMG_3050.jpeg

Back