What are you listening to?

Will check that, be sure 😂
Are other speakers allowed? A pair of Q-Acoustics 3030i is still around.
I only used those as they’re the only other set of speakers aside from my Linn M109s that I have. The Denon is actually in my summer house (I know, hope springs eternal in the west of Scotland re having a summerhouse ;) ) driving an old pair of Celestion Ones which I used to use as rear speakers many years ago when I had an AVR and surround sound system. Perfectly listenable…

Will check that, be sure 😂
Are other speakers allowed? A pair of Q-Acoustics 3030i is still around.
Those look like they'd be a good match, pricewise if nothing else, for the WiiM Amp. That would make a very affordable and capable second, or indeed first system for many people I'd guess

Those look like they'd be a good match, pricewise if nothing else, for the WiiM Amp. That would make a very affordable and capable second, or indeed first system for many people I'd guess
I am absolutely convinced that WiiM has built the next great product!
Not for me, there is no purpose and I still prefer Class A/B.
But for many users with such scenarios. Could be something like the go-to-entry-level-system for the digital natives 😉
Add some cables, a streaming subscription and one will end up below ≈ 600 € for a complete chain.

More now non-PC but not then covers

Many years ago, my wife was going into town. Seizing the opportunity, I asked her to get the latest Roxy album. It's the one with '2 girls on the cover' I told her. From then on, she never missed the chance to recount my request as an embarrassing example of English understatement.

Getting serious, two suggestions for today.😊
First one
Immagine 2023-11-24 081719.png
And this one i discovered in Qobuz's new releases of last week. I think it's their first album, but it sounds promising ;)
Immagine 2023-11-24 081915.png

Do I need such a remix?
Not necessarily. But the bonus tracks are a nice.... bonus. 😉 A few more than on my old double decker.

IMG_2025.jpeg

Today's special is Memphis Soul Stew!

Give me about a half a teacup of bass.
Now I need a pound of fatback drums.
Now give me four tablespoons of boiling Memphis guitars.
This goin' taste alright.
Now just a little pinch of organ.
Now give me a half a pint of horn.
Place on the burner and bring to a boil.

IMG_2026.jpeg

Today's special is Memphis Soul Stew!

Give me about a half a teacup of bass.
Now I need a pound of fatback drums.
Now give me four tablespoons of boiling Memphis guitars.
This goin' taste alright.
Now just a little pinch of organ.
Now give me a half a pint of horn.
Place on the burner and bring to a boil.

View attachment 3541
Now beat, well!

Back