What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

I fear, that is far away. But if WiiM really will build that I am onboard 😉

Any chance of a modern, compact AV processor?
Inputs: HDMI eARC, Toslink, Ethernet, Wi-Fi.
Outputs: 7.2 line out RCAs (balanced TRS would be a dream though).
Supporting all current Dolby and DTS standards, individual channel levels, PEQ and subwoofer cutoff adjustments.

A higher end streamer device. With features like: USB, AES & I2s output. Support fro Dirac, SoundID, or other room correction. A screen to display album art.

A higher end streamer device. With features like: USB, AES & I2s output. Support fro Dirac, SoundID, or other room correction. A screen to display album art.
The questions is if you are ready for at least 1000$ in price-increase?

What new product would I like to see?

My WiiM Pros are pretty much exactly what I wanted in a streamer when I was new to this concept. They are well designed and affordable for several listening areas. On my primary stereo, a WiiM Pro or WiiM Pro plus in a premium metal case, but with the addition of USB digital out to go to an external DAC and maybe a an integrated power supply to avoid the wall wart.

Really intrigued to see what the final product coming out this year will be, new Wiim Amp looks amazing IMHO and have plans to get one when it comes out.

I would love to see a Wiim Pro Pre, basically a Wiim Amp with both balanced and single ended inputs and outputs, as well as the independent subwoofer output and no speaker amplifier. Performant headphone amp included would be a dream.
As far as digital inputs all I'd like is eArc, coax and optical.
Not fussed about a display for album art/vu meters as I personally don't see the need if I can see it via a control app, for example, if and when I need to.

1. Support for new Wifi standard: 6E and the upcoming 7 spec

For a streamer this is critical because generally everyone is using WiFi to stream. Ultimately you can make the fanciest device in the world but if it keeps dropping your wifi connection people will hate it. WiFi performance is critical. Maybe an antenna option as well?

2. An FM tuner integrated into the streamer. People still listen to the terrestrial radio. There are virtually no devices that offer this in a compact form any more.

3. Wall mount options on the case or a custom bracket. Thanks to condo living and open floor plans, people want their hifi to be hidden away as much as possible.

4. Support for more streaming services in the Home app: YouTube Music, Apple Music, CBC Radio, Idagio, etc. More more more, we’re very greedy.

5. A screen on the front that provides some useful info on what is playing. But one that you can turn off if iit’s in a bedroom location.

6. Balanced analog outputs. Maybe … your device doesn’t really pass on any noise that I can hear so that may be an unnecessary.

7. Support for external USB DACS.

8. Combination headphone amplifier/streamer/DAC. Maybe … it would have to be better than your phone+dongle or what’s the point? Your phone is the ultimate streamer and those dongles are pretty good now. So you’d have to offer something interesting here, maybe support for a wide range of headphones, balanced outputs, something that makes it special.

9. HDMI/ARC input so your device can be combined with active speakers and a smart TV for a total A/V solution with no big boxes!

It looks like it has #9, and as has been said previously about such a wishlist, everything is probably possible in some future product but not at the price point being mooted

I’m willing to pay premium price if included Dirac as well what’s already been mention about different kind of connections. We probably see this new product by the end of next year.

Any chance of a modern, compact AV processor?
Inputs: HDMI eARC, Toslink, Ethernet, Wi-Fi.
Outputs: 7.2 line out RCAs (balanced TRS would be a dream though).
Supporting all current Dolby and DTS standards, individual channel levels, PEQ and subwoofer cutoff adjustments.
Use the same beautiful chassis, but on the back, add 5.1 line out RCAs where the speaker terminals are.

Here is the mockup. :)
Edit: I missed the trigger out 3.5 mm jack...

wim avp front.jpg
wim avp back.jpg

Last edited:
Use the same beautiful chassis, but on the back, remove the line input RCAs and add 5.1 line out RCAs where the speaker terminals are.

Here is the mockup. :)
Edit: I missed the trigger out 3.5 mm jack...

View attachment 2529
View attachment 2528
Might be an idea to watermark those images as a user based mockup in case they end up on the ‘net as officially sourced from WiiM. There’s enough fake news around as it is :)

Install this AVP between the TV and a multichannel power amp and active sub, get the popcorn bucket and let the "binge-watching" begin! :)

Or turn off the TV, open the cell phone app, and stream your favorite songs to your HT in 2.0 or scale up to 5.1.

Last edited:
A "digital-only" device, devoid of both analog and Bluetooth components, focusing on cost savings in production.
In the market, there are low-cost, superb DACs made by companies that have been producing such equipment for years, and the same goes for Bluetooth.
It doesn't make much sense to try to compete with these dedicated products.
On the other hand, there is, at least to my knowledge, a lack of high-end streamers that handle music solely from a digital perspective.
With the savings from forgoing these two features, which are often unused by customers, a lot could be done.
For example, it would be sufficient to include a DSP capable of seriously processing a 24/192 stream with a plethora of user-selectable parameters.
I would also skip expensive displays and physical controls, which have now become obsolete due to the applications available on mobile phones. Let's say a "black box" that is entirely digital, capable of superbly processing music streams.

What products would you like to see based on what you've experienced so far?
My wish list is more attention to a high quality output, with USB & i2s & AES outputs also available, with a USB & HDMI input, more solid case & more ability to control the device outside the Linkplay infrastructure if desired.
But especially attention to quality reclocking and quiet digital outs
You'll be able to raise the price to make up the cost, I'm sure
Oh, and as for a display, I prefer a smaller one that shows album art and metadata, not necessarily a big display like for example the Eversolo or Rose products, but I could certainly survive with the big screen

Back