What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

Absolutely, you've got a point. Using the voice remote's mic could be more effective for capturing room characteristics, especially since it can be moved around the room.
first of all...
you can already achieve a qualitative and successful peq mode...right?
there is no shortage of crude capture means...phone tablet computer microphone...so, not really "the subject"

first of all...
you can already achieve a qualitative and successful peq mode...right?
there is no shortage of crude capture means...phone tablet computer microphone...so, not really "the subject"
I guess those who have other means of achieving this don’t need to use what WiiM might offer. Those of us who only have access to “crude capture” might still find it of use :)

I guess those who have other means of achieving this don’t need to use what WiiM might offer. Those of us who only have access to “crude capture” might still find it of use :)
you need serious software really not within the skills of wiim, which will therefore run on the computer, telephone or tablet... and a minimum qualitative microphone...

already a valid peq mode will be good

That’s quite a deprecating statement given what they’ve already developed and delivered. Perhaps your true meaning has been lost in translation…

no....
if the idea is to make a qualitative correction...you need a qualitative peq mode...
the capture and analysis processing is another very delicate and heavy subject...
the idea of using the 2cent microphone on the remote control is completely anachronistic
see where the peq mode is after months months of waiting... so yes we hope that wiim will continue to explore this subject without dispersing it otherwise it will have been of almost no use..

Last edited:
So your "serious software really not within the skills of wiim" comment was just intentionally coarse for nothing. Thanks, but keep it next time.
you I am, supporting wiim since 02/22...so I think I have a certain perspective on the qualities, practical skills, of wiim....

Ok. Why do you then use their products and stick around here if you have such a low opinion of their abilities? Even if they didn’t have those skills in house, who’s to say they wouldn’t insource them? Or re the microphone, use a “qualitative” external microphone, suitable connected to the Pro’s line in?

That’s a very blunt, if not insulting assertion.

Ok. Why do you then use their products and stick around here if you have such a low opinion of their abilities? Even if they didn’t have those skills in house, who’s to say they wouldn’t insource them? Or re the microphone, use a “qualitative” external microphone, suitable connected to the Pro’s line in?

That’s a very blunt, if not insulting assertion.
have you already carried out acoustic measurements, room corrections, used powerful software such as rew rephase etc??
ingenuous dystiramb will not necessarily help wiim to progress wiim positively....

Dynamic Loudness, similar to the feature in RME DACs, essentially variable Fletcher-Munson compensation EQ curves associated with different output levels (with a floor setting by the user)

...and may be something with a Hayabusa Supercharger? In dark blue? And with side-pipes! And most important: Not more than 400 €. 😂

...and may be something with a Hayabusa Supercharger? In dark blue? And with side-pipes! And most important: Not more than 400 €. 😂
dynamic loudness isn't so tough. You could also just create an adjustable loudness contour with a slider in the app. If the EQ is there, the possibility is there. Tough part is, perhaps, that the stream may have to be interrupted to implement the new contour.

I'm likely an outlier on this - I don't want anything more from WiiM, other than what the Pro currently delivers. I replaced a Bluesound Node 2 with my Wiim Pro, and now I pretty much just want it to work and forget about it. It do hope that the automatic firmware updates are thoroughly tested before being pushed out, because for the most part, I just want the device to behave correctly like it does now. I'm using it only for Qobuz and Spotify streaming device to a very capable external DAC and downstream component stack (Benchmark), and the rare Chromecast or AirPlay use. I don't need any equalizer functionality, or really, anything other than what the WiiM Pro does now. As long as it continues to work well, and doesn't mess with the bit stream, I'm happy.

I'm likely an outlier on this - I don't want anything more from WiiM, other than what the Pro currently delivers. I replaced a Bluesound Node 2 with my Wiim Pro, and now I pretty much just want it to work and forget about it. It do hope that the automatic firmware updates are thoroughly tested before being pushed out, because for the most part, I just want the device to behave correctly like it does now. I'm using it only for Qobuz and Spotify streaming device to a very capable external DAC and downstream component stack (Benchmark), and the rare Chromecast or AirPlay use. I don't need any equalizer functionality, or really, anything other than what the WiiM Pro does now. As long as it continues to work well, and doesn't mess with the bit stream, I'm happy.
Same. Keep it simple. Keep it inexpensive. Keep up with the product updates. We’ll keep spreading the good word about Wiim.

Back