What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

I would love to see a version with no DAC, ability to pass through DSD and multichannel files, and an HDMI out so the receiver will play in multichannel.

I have a Wiim Mini. I'm really happy with it. The app is great, but the internal DAC is a bit underwhelming.
I would love to see something with a far superior DAC, a screen, USB connectivity and possibly a headphone amp. Something that can challenge the lower/mid streamers like C/A CXN V2.
If you can pull it off for £350-£500, it will be unbeatable.

I have a Wiim Mini. I'm really happy with it. The app is great, but the internal DAC is a bit underwhelming.
I would love to see something with a far superior DAC, a screen, USB connectivity and possibly a headphone amp. Something that can challenge the lower/mid streamers like C/A CXN V2.
Like this? https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/wiim-ultra.1731/

If you can build an LP12 for the price of a Pro-Ject E1 it will unbeatable 😉

Well...I just do not know how to bring this copyright c on my screen 😉
But if you would allow me to quote it it would be the klimax of generosity 😂

This will be a running gag....now I am living near Keel 😂

Last edited:
Maybe they could launch something more up-market than the entry level products they are offering now. Something maybe like a separate ("Ultra"???) line of products...
A streamer with all bells and whistles (protocol-wise and connection-wise, but still with the WiiM Home control app, a remote and a screen), an attainable DAC/preamp that could compete sound-wise with the likes of Chord Mojo 2, and (for example) a Purify/ICE/Hypex-powered stereo amp. All in matching Alu-cases.
That's a combination I would purchase from WiiM, for sure...

You don’t really need the bandwidth of eArc for stereo audio though
What if you want to connect to a receiver for Dolby Atmos playback. Some of the streaming services are offering multi-channel music. If you’re going to put HDMI it might as well be the latest version.

Like Nad C700 mini style, display, new dac like akm 4499ex or 9039pro sabre, no amp, no passive speakers, WiFi, Ethernet, BT, also balanced 2xlr 3pin line output, line input, USB out, Roon Ready. 400euros

Last edited:
wishes for Christmas :)
No DAC
Wi fi 6 (ax protocol)
L P S (external)
HDMI arc
USB output
USB Port for SSD
No screen!

What's the big need for HDMI ARC ? Who wants the TV turning on the stereo. I have had two dacs with it and it's pretty useless. A regular HDMI input that can take the hdmi audio from my Sony bluray player would be more useful.
The tv has optical out if I want to listen to it.

What's the big need for HDMI ARC ? Who wants the TV turning on the stereo. I have had two dacs with it and it's pretty useless. A regular HDMI input that can take the hdmi audio from my Sony bluray player would be more useful.
The tv has optical out if I want to listen to it.
The main advantages of hdmi arc over optical is the tv remote can be used - with optical on lots of TVs you have to switch to the Wiim remote from the tv remote and back again. With my family if something like watching tv requires 2 remote's they won’t do it.

Back