What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

Nice ideas, imagine a heavy box in double high as Pro with a large and clear display, no dac at all but all made for high end digital out both electrical and optical with enough room and high quality sockets. Plus an optimized power supply.

A browser based UI, similar to what Weiss has done here:

Include a presentation (now playing) mode too, of course. Should be plenty of power in the Pro / Pro Plus to support this.

My request is simple. Offer a Wiim Pro without DAC, with subwoofer out, 12v trigger, coax and Toslink out, gigabit Ethernet and WiFi 6e.

Better yet, give the buyers the option to pick what they want, order it, with a waiting period of 60 days.

My request is simple. Offer a Wiim Pro without DAC, with subwoofer out, 12v trigger, coax and Toslink out, gigabit Ethernet and WiFi 6e.

Better yet, give the buyers the option to pick what they want, order it, with a waiting period of 60 days.
I’d imagine the price for bespoke builds like that would go thru the roof…

A streaming DAC & headphone amp would be a game changer - join with SMSL for example

With 10 bands parametric EQ

1. I wish only one, add m2 slot for ssd disk for own library. Or usb type-c for external disk.
2. Two version with/no dac, AKM good idea.

Last edited:
The Wiim Pro Plus looks great, but please make a 2.1 version with a high-pass filters and XLR outputs on the front channels, and an RCA out for the subwoofer. I want to use it with a sub and a balanced Hypex amp.

Puhleeeeze???

What products would you like to see based on what you've experienced so far?
DI.FM and it's sister stations Radio Tunes, Rock Radio, Jazz Radio and Classical Radio. Also Sirius XM and of course Apple music and YouTube music. Your Pandora support is awesome and the app is convenient to use, just add more streaming services to your app and add the ability to have more favorites or divide the favorites up between each streaming service so you can have favorites within each application.

I'd love to see a Wiim Mini Plus which supports chromecast audio. In the summer I listen music via the Audio Pro C10 in the garden which does not have Chromecast support (unlike the MkII). I like the formfactor of the mini to connect to such speakers.

Absolutely, you've got a point. Using the voice remote's mic could be more effective for capturing room characteristics, especially since it can be moved around the room.
As others have pointed out... using a cheap remote mic for measurement is problematic. Even phones can be tricky - there's a reason Sonos and HouseCurve only work on iOS - microphone calibration is hard.

How about supporting a USB Mic like the MiniDSP UMIK-1 when connected to a smartphone? Seems like a straightforward solution that would generate quality input?

As others have pointed out... using a cheap remote mic for measurement is problematic. Even phones can be tricky - there's a reason Sonos and HouseCurve only work on iOS - microphone calibration is hard.

How about supporting a USB Mic like the MiniDSP UMIK-1 when connected to a smartphone? Seems like a straightforward solution that would generate quality input?
My Dayton imm6 calibrated mic which is in the recommended list of HouseCurve app is 22euros. Imagine the cost with economies of scale …

Any chance of a Wiim CD player or transport? Ideally two versions... one to match the Wiim Pro/Plus design and one to match the Wiim amp/Ultra design. A number of Chinese audio companies, e.g. SMSL, Moondrop and Shanling, have recently brought cd players to market. The Moondrop product is sold out on Linsoul.

Back