What sounds best?

Happydog

Which stream or input sounds best. I was using an iPhone plugged into a good Denon amp and now with a new wiim Amp have tried streaming but only with what is free. The quality is not as good as what I had before. Would it be Apple Music? Amazon? Should this amp be plugged into the router? It’s WiFi now.

Wifi or ethernet connected shouldn’t make a notice a noticeable difference.

What were you playing when plugged directly into your amp?

Free services tend to be just lossy MP3 or AAC - again what service were you using when you thought it wasn’t as good?

iPhone 11, Apple Music when I plugged my phone in to a Denon. With the WiiM I tried Apple Music and a radio station on the app. I’m trying Vandersteen , Jbl decades, URI 809, Tannoy monitors . I bought two amps. I knew there would be a supply issue. I want to set it up the best way . The Denon takes to long to turn on. I like the instant on of the WiiM and phone control.

The issue with Apple Music is that you’ll only get the best out of it using a wired connection.

I’d take a free trial of Qobuz, amazon Music, Tidal or even Deezer and see if you like them. You mention trying free services, but I guess you’re paying for Apple Music in one way or another.

How sure are you that is is the streaming quality that is the problem? Denon has many high-end amps that my be better suited to your speakers than the wiim. I suggest you compare the exact same source on both amps to rule out that it is not the amp.

Back