WIMM Pro Plus BEST connection to Vintage Receiver

TT24

Greetings all,

I'm currently streaming Amazon Music HD via toslink from my TV to Schitt DAC, to RCA into my vintage receiver, Yamaha RX V2090. This receiver replaced a much newer Denon AVR, which did not sound as good as the Yamaha. However, when streaming from the TV most music sounded the same. With the new setup, the quality of the stream and or the recording are easily heard.

My question is, what would be the best way ( for sound quality) to connect the WIMM pro Plus to the vintage receiver? Will there be much of a difference in sound quality between the current setup VS the WIMM?

Thank you in advance?

T

Greetings all,

I'm currently streaming Amazon Music HD via toslink from my TV to Schitt DAC, to RCA into my vintage receiver, Yamaha RX V2090. This receiver replaced a much newer Denon AVR, which did not sound as good as the Yamaha. However, when streaming from the TV most music sounded the same. With the new setup, the quality of the stream and or the recording are easily heard.

My question is, what would be the best way ( for sound quality) to connect the WIMM pro Plus to the vintage receiver? Will there be much of a difference in sound quality between the current setup VS the WIMM?

Thank you in advance?

T
Connect both analog and digital and switch between the two while listening to music and decide which one sound better to your ear. Listen on pure direct mode while switching the two.

No telling what limitations your tv's Tos-link has. Stream Amazon HD directly from the Pro plus into the Yamaha or over Toslink or Coaxial to the Schiit and then analog to your Yamaha. Whichever sounds better to you.

Thank you both for your recommendations! Much appreciated!
I guessing that you both feel the Schitt Modi DAC is a better sound quality than the newer Pro Plus DAC?

I read it that both are saying try the various options but trust your ears

I'd be surprised if your TV delivered any better than 16/48, even supposing it actually supported lossless Amazon Music Unlimited in its 16bit HD and 24 UHD offerings. Any WiiM device will deliver up to the full 24/192 available. Whether you hear any difference is down to you :)

Back