Wimm and speakers for television

lorenzo

I am a novice for video applications. Untill now we look and listen to the television with the built in speakers. Now I wander, what is the best way to hook up speakers utilizing wimm gear ? what do i need from Wimm ? and what is the best connection ?
I do not have a av receiver but a normal amp with rca imputs. I do not prefer a jack to cinch cable due to sound restrictions. Do I need hdmi arc or toslink ? that is not clear for me ? do I need a wimm pro or pro plus in combination with a normal amp ? or does a wimm amp fits the bill to hook up speakers and connect to the tv with it ?
When you have a tv , and there is a decoder on hdmi 1 input, you are looking to that as a 'source', do you have the sound transmittted to another hdmi (arc) so that you can hear the sound while watching on hdmi 1 for example ? Thanks for clarification guys !

I am a novice for video applications. Untill now we look and listen to the television with the built in speakers. Now I wander, what is the best way to hook up speakers utilizing wimm gear ? what do i need from Wimm ? and what is the best connection ?
I do no have a av receiver but a normal amp with rca imputs. I do not prefer a jack to cinch cable due to sound restrictions. Do I need hdmi arc or toslink ? that is not clear for me ? do I need a wimm pro or pro plus in combination with a normal amp ? or does a wimm amp fits the bill to hook up speakers and connect to the tv with it ?
When you have a tv , and there is a decoder on hdmi 1 input, you are looking to that as a 'source', do you have the sound transmittted to another hdim (arc) so that you can hear the sound while watching on hdmi 1 for example ? Thanks for clarification guys !
So you already have a stereo amp and speakers, you just don't / can't listen to the tv via them?

A wiim amp would mean connecting the speakers to the wiim amp, effectively making your current amp redundant. You can't connect one pair of speakers to two amps at the same time! (Well, not without some sort of switching.)
If you choose to do this, one of the TV hdmi connections (often hdmi 2 it seems, but the manual should tell you which is the arc one) is the one that tv sound goes out of for all tv sources. This is the one you'd connect to the wiim amp.

A pro (or plus, or even a mini) would be connected to your tv via the tv optical out to the pro optical in, and then to the amp via rca.
If the amp has digital inputs you could connect the pro to the amp that way too / instead.
The tv would need to be set to output stereo PCM via optical.

Edit - Actually, I'm assuming the current amp is analog only, or you could just go tv optical out to amp optical in, no need for a wiim at all.

Last edited:
thanks for your help. Effectively the tv has multiple hdmi's but it's a Loewe from 10 years old, do these all have hdmi arc already ? anyway I will look for that. Many thanks.

thanks for your help. Effectively the tv has multiple hdmi's but it's a Loewe from 10 years old, do these all have hdmi arc already ? anyway I will look for that. Many thanks.
You might even find that you can see the word 'arc' printed / imprinted by one of the hdmi sockets.

just one last question, can you hook up a turntable to the wiim amp, just as you can with the wimm pro or pro plus?

just one last question, can you hook up a turntable to the wiim amp, just as you can with the wimm pro or pro plus?
The amp has analog inputs, so yes, as long as the turntable has a line out, as opposed to a phono out.
i.e. none of the wiim models (except upcoming ultra) has a phono input.

Back