small USB player for Amp

stry8458

I guess the USB capability of the Wiim Amp is kind of limited....what I could use if I could find it is a good small USB play drive maybe with onboard storage
that will do everything a USB device could do in a very slim form factor to pair with the Amp..it would maybe connect with optical or Arc if that can do audio...
Anyone know of anything like this in the 1-200$ range..?

What is a USB player?

Which parts of WiiM's USB functionality do you find too limited? I would say it's limited only in available options to navigate your library conveniently. I find it to be OK for daily use unless you want to be able to filter and sort by specific ID3 tags that WiiM didn't care to implement using.

Any external "player" would probably add inconvenience because you would have to either use a different app.for that device or even use knobs and buttons on the device itself.

I'm a little unclear what it is you're after as you're describing a digital streamer with onboard storage.

If you're looking for improved indexing of your local content then most use a NAS/RPI/Mini PC to handle those duties. With a media server installed it would index your music and make it available to all UPnP devices on your LAN, including the WiiM Amp.

Back