Best connection from Wiim Pro+ to Receiver

Dargo72

So as the title implies, I'd like to know if I should use the RCA, Optical, or Coaxial outputs to my Pioneer VSK-1020-K receiver (2010).

The receiver has these inputs (and HDMI), and I'd like to know if using something other than RCA would provide better sound when playing HD music from the Wiim app.

A related question..... I tried to select "Pure Direct" from my receiver for audio playback. However, it does not output sound to the subwoofer if I do so. It does output sound when "Direct" is selected. Is there a way to utilize "Pure Direct" somehow?

Thank you....

A related question..... I tried to select "Pure Direct" from my receiver for audio playback. However, it does not output sound to the subwoofer if I do so. It does output sound when "Direct" is selected. Is there a way to utilize "Pure Direct" somehow?

Thank you....

Denon and Marantz AVRs can use the subwoofer in pure direct mode, but I don't know if the Pioneer can do that. I think it's probably impossible, but please check the manual.

If your subwoofer has speaker inputs and outputs, you may be able to do so by using them.

It is very common for Pure Direct to not include Subwoofer as it is intended to switch the AVR into traditional 2:0 mode with DSP trickery entirely switched off. My Onkyo's work like this.

As @Wiimer says if your Sub has the necessary speaker terminals it may be possible to use it in that way

Still my preferred way to connect a subwoofer. My good old AR sounded great. Not very convenient today but still reliable.

IMG_1711.jpeg

I don't think it's likely that Pioneer can do what Onkyo can't.😅 My Yamaha can't either.

Also, of course, if you use the SW's speaker output, you can't set the crossover in the AVR. Since the front SP is output at full range, the SW's low-pass setting is important.

Back