Wiim Home under WSA no longer works

Fartom

I own Wiim Mini and Pro and control both mainly with my smartphone. I installed Wiim Home on two computers on WSA (Windows Subsystem for Android) via sideload, which worked wonderfully until about a month ago. Since Microsoft increased WSA from 2305 to 2506, Wiim Home has stopped working. The app stops at the very beginning with "Searching for your device". Apparently Microsoft has changed basic things in WSA, at least I've read reports that other users were also no longer able to control their devices (not from Wiim) in the network. I've tried various settings including resetting both Wiim devices and turning on or off the experimental feature in WSA «Local Network Access. Nothing has been successful so far.
I'm sure the behavior has nothing to do with Wiim Home but with WSA. Nevertheless, I hope that someone from the forum has experienced the same thing and can possibly help me. Everything works wonderfully with my smartphone.

Yep, same here. Did you ever find a solution?
I imagine it’s related to this bug report by the developer of the excellent BubbleUPNP app who is experiencing a similar if not identical issue. Guess we need to wait till Microsoft undo whatever broke it

Unfortunately I can only confirm your message, Brantome. After every update of WSA I try again and I'm always disappointed because the bug hasn't been fixed yet. The sad thing is that the Wiim Home app once worked wonderfully. Microsoft seems to have other priorities with WSA.

Back