Wiim Mini into 2nd DAC

marko

Suggestion of adding a better DAC after the Wiim has me questioning how that would improve the DAC. Is the signal cut by the first rendering the 2nd useless or even vice versa, or doesn't a DAC act that way?

Suggestion of adding a better DAC after the Wiim has me questioning how that would improve the DAC. Is the signal cut by the first rendering the 2nd useless or even vice versa, or doesn't a DAC act that way?
If you use the mini's optical out then you are using an external dac to convert to analog, not the one in the mini.

The WiiM Mini sends a digital signal (0's and 1's) to either the WIIM's internal DAC or an external DAC. The DAC converts the digital signal (0's and 1's) to an analog signal. If you use an external DAC which has higher performance than the WiiM DAC, you'll get higher quality sound.

The WiiM Mini connects (sends a digital signal) to an external DAC through a SPDIF cable that connects the WiiM Mini to the external DAC.

Thanks all--new to the "new" way of doing things. Hooking up to a system Yamaha system I bought in the Army in 1984. All still working very well.

Back