Wiim Mini shows nothing playing, HomeKit says it is. No volume control in HomeKit.

stevenjo57

I have two Wiim Mini's, one playing to the Hot Tub area, one playing to Garden area.

The two devices show up fine in Wiim App. The Hot Tub speaker is playing in HomeKit and has speaker volume control. However, the Wiim app says the Garden speaker is playing nothing, but HomeKit lists it as playing a song, but with no volume control. The Wiim app is correct. It's playing nothing, but HomeKit continues to think it is playing and has no volume control and I cannot get HomeKit to release it. Rebooting or recycling power does not resolve the issue. It comes back on and HomeKit says it's playing when it's not.

See screenshot of HomeKit.

Messing around with it more. Such a waste of effort.

It looks like HomeKit ignores Wiim app, or visa versa. HomeKit/Apple thinks it's playing and no matter how many times I reboot or power off the Wiim Minis, Apple won't let them go. They are not playing any audio. See the Apple screenshot and Wiim screenshots below.

Thanks for any help.

IMG_A885BFD3CB92-1.jpeg

IMG_E8D056D1E615-1.jpeg

Best submitting a ticket thru the feedback section in the WiiM home app so WiiM can inspect your Logs and hopefully respond as to whether it should work in the manner you desire.

Back