Wiim PRO and SONOS

Mario37

I purchased a WiiM Pro because I was told it would allow me to communicate with two SONOS Play 1.
I received the Pro two days ago and I’ve tried my best to get the sound out to the SONOS. I’ve not succeeded.
There is a message in this forum stating that Air Play is the way to go. I unsuccessfully tried.
WiiM does not any instructions on how to set up with Air Play. I have an Apple phone but I’ve never used Air Play.
Can anyone help me.
Thanks at priori.

As an aside, you might want to rename the audio output as follows:

Bluetooth Receiver => Bluetooth transmit
AirPlay Receiver => AirPlay transmit

Or, "AirPlay Out" as you would any other output.

The current name is very confusing, and I think this is why some people sometimes make a mistake in pairing methods. 🤔

I purchased a WiiM Pro because I was told it would allow me to communicate with two SONOS Play 1.
I received the Pro two days ago and I’ve tried my best to get the sound out to the SONOS. I’ve not succeeded.
There is a message in this forum stating that Air Play is the way to go. I unsuccessfully tried.
WiiM does not any instructions on how to set up with Air Play. I have an Apple phone but I’ve never used Air Play.
Can anyone help me.
Thanks at priori.
Sonos Play:1 doesn't support AirPlay. It's a 10+ yr old design. You may be able to use DLNA casting from WiiM when it eventually arrives.

I got a Sonos Era 100 with the input cable and connect a Mini to that via analog. The Era 100 is grouped with the rest of my Sonos speakers. That includes a D to A to D conversion, but I am OK with that for my Sonos speakers. Your Pro would improve the conversion.

Back