WIIM Pro asking for Airplay code that doesn't exist - for Airplay or "Home" app to add

HappyHighwayman

I just set up the WIIM Pro and it works fine except for Airplay from my iPhone. The iPhone is naturally on wifi while the WIIM is on wifi and Ethernet.

If I choose Airplay from Apple Music OR attempt to add it as a "Home" accessory, it asks for a passcode. There is no option in the Home app to disable the password as indicated by screenshots from the pages I've googled. I do not have a homepod.

The Mac Mini, which is on the ethernet network only, can stream to the WIIM pro via Airplay.

Ideas?

WIIM has concluded that the MDM on my phone by my work org is causing the conflict. There is nothing I can do about that, short of setting up another iOS device.
Things like MDM can royally screw up a device for normal, non-work use.

Does that also mean you can't airplay from your phone to any device, never mind the WiiM?

Is using your Mac Mini an option for you to airplay to the WiiM?

1. I have zero issues Airplaying to my roku from Apple music, Pandora, or say YouTube, but I found the audio quality to be not as good as I'd like, the WIIM sounds better.

2. It is an option but it's upstairs, and the WIIM is in the livingroom, so if I'm setting and forgetting it's fine but I'd have to go up and down to adjust the music.

My two thoughts are un-install MDM, get the wiIM working, re-install MDM, or buying an Apple Tv and disabling passwords and returning it.

It's probably due to some company rules forced on the device by MDM. It can happen that problem will reappear after MDM reinstallation.

Back